“This is a great place to stay an relaxe an for the bar they aded I'm not sure who came up with the idea but they did a perfect j” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Irwin Street Inn

You added Irwin Street Inn to your Saves list
Irwin Street Inn
2.5 of 5 Bed and Breakfast   |   522 N. Irwin St., Hanford, CA 93230   |
Ranked #1 of 1 Hanford B&B and Inns
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 16, 2012

My review for the Irwin street inn well let's start with service in the dining area it sure needs a lot of work they walk around with no drive or smiles but the food is perfect my wife an I got a chance to meet this great GM he had a great attitude twords the bussnies an my wife an I had a drink in the bar with him he even compted us a drink need less to say that's what made us stay longer will we come again yes we will as we understand he is family to the owner there is nothing more better then family running a business together Gilbert it was great meeting you an yes we will be back thank you the STRONGS

• Stayed March 2012

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (5)
Mission Viejo, California
3 of 5 stars Reviewed April 16, 2012

Was it a five star hotel? No, not even close. But, it was okay. Granted, I was not there on a romantic weekend. I was there for an American Legion Riders Convention. The place could use a coat of paint, and the carpet in the room could stand to be changed. It is an old building, and it shows. Importnat for me: The sheets were clean, the water worked, the hot was WAY hot. My TV did not have a remote, and the volume was not very high, even when cranked all the way up, but I was not there to watch TV. The staff was great. I was greeted and checked in right away, the bartender, Trinity, was a friendly.

Room Tip: I had 324, it is right above the bar. Not an issue for me.... But, it is an old place, and if ther...
  • Stayed April 2012, traveled on business
California, Maryland
1 of 5 stars Reviewed March 26, 2012

I would never suggest you or anyone you care about staying at the Irwin Street Inn. The tables in the dining room were dirty. The rooms were dirty. They did not heat in the rooms and they were 50 degrees at night. The showers did not have hot water. The maid did not work the days we stayed at Inn and so we did not have our rooms cleaned the first two nights.

Room Tip: I would not suggest choosing a room at this Inn.
  • Stayed March 2012, traveled on business
Sanger, Ca
2 of 5 stars Reviewed December 30, 2010

My Husband and I stayed at the Irwin Street Inn for our honeymoon back in Jan. 1998. We loved it! Last year for our anniversary we decided to go back and enjoy a night there. We were so disappointed. It took awhile to get someone to help us when we first got there. They just seemed like they didn't know who was in charge or how to run thing (not at all like the 1st time we went). The 1st room they gave was a bed on the ground. I was not having that. No way am I going to pay for a room and sleep on the ground, so I asked to change rooms. It took forever for them to get another room ready for us. Then when we finally moved rooms we realized the next room was worse. There was an "old" bed that squeaked when you sat or moved on it. My Husband and I were so tired by then that we just kept that room. It really ruined the evening.The place just seemed old & musty, not quaint and antique looking like it used to. We won't be going back there anytime soon. This place could be so cute and romantic if it were taken care of and had good service like it used to. It's to bad.

• Stayed January 2010, traveled as a couple
Watsonville, CA
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 3, 2010

In this age of chain box stores and motels, which all look alike and are devoid of personality, the Irwin Street Inn is an anachronism. While attending a funeral I stayed there and loved it. The staff were attentive, professional and welcoming. Breakfast is unbeatable. The Irwin Street Inn has an excellent chef who cooks breakfasts to order, and it is included with the hotel fee. In the evening the Irwin Street Inn has live music. They feature a musician who plays saxophone and has an excellent singing voice. He is personable, and the music is mellow. It is wonderful to sit in their outdoor beautiful patio surrounded by twinkling lights on a balmy evening and enjoy the music while having a glass of wine, coffee or cocktail. It is a great place for a date evening for locals to relax. I heartily recommend the Irwin Street Inn. It is a destination. Amelia Koenig, Watsonville, CA

• Stayed July 2010, traveled on business
Kingsburg ca
1 of 5 stars Reviewed July 22, 2010

I scheduled an appointment to view this for a wedding venue. We anticipated a friendly warm atmosphere that would provide us the intimate wedding we hoped for. I scheduled the appointment on my lunch hour with the party coordinator, Stacy. When I arrived, the room was packed full of people, an out of town party that arrived late due to uncontrolable circumstances. Stacy was busy, so the owner Frank showed me around, while she entertained the party. The outside courtyard was small but practical, the reception area was, again, small but practical. It was what we were looking for, so I then scheduled an appointment yet again with Stacy to discuss pricing, and choose a food selection. When I initially spoke with this woman she assure me she could get the price of my wedding right where I wanted it to be, for the size of my party. I then called on the day of the appointment to let them know I was going to be about 15 minutes late, when the cook advised me that they had booked a wedding on that day and did not have time anyway to take care of us, so we had to re-schedule for the following weekend. I was not happy but understood things happen. The next weekent I arrived early to the appointment to find, Stacy was not there, she had an emergancy and was running late. We decided then that ok, we will leave for a bit and they could call once she had arrived. 1 1/2 hours later, I called the company and was told she had " a prior appointment that unfortunately was more important," and yet again she would rechedule me. Wow, really? This is service? I asked for her to email me pricing, and the different food options and my fiance and I would have to wait until it was convienient for us to make another appointment, afterall we do work too. Monday came along and after she did not call me, and I called her she advised me that there was no way she could get the price to what we origionally discussed. She did not apologize for her behavior and unprofessionalism. It has been now 7 days and I still have no phone call and no email with pricing. My wedding is set for 4 months away. Needless to say, I will not be using them for my service and I do not recomend them. They are extreemly unprofessional and unprepared to run a sucessful party business.

• Stayed July 2010, traveled on business
santa clara, california
3 of 5 stars Reviewed May 6, 2010

Myself and my colleagues were in town for one night on business. The rooms were big in this house-converted inn. There were a few setbacks. They were:

1. My first room did not allow a key in the door.
2. My second room already had a guest staying there.
3. My third room was okay albeit handicapped but not a problem for use.
4. When using the sink, I turned on the water and there was a smell of sulfur.

The entry problems into the room were taken care of but did not make me very trusting of the management but the water problem and subsequent smell was not okay. It made the possibility of getting a drink of water awful and brushing my teeth was not very appetizing.

We were allowed to have a late breakfast the next morning as our meeting went from 5 a.m. to 10 a.m. We ordered simple breakfasts - two omelettes and two bacon and egg breakfasts. We had to wait 45 minutes for our food with no other patrons in the "restaurant" area of the lobby. The toast was toasted but had been sitting a long time and was hard and cold and not buttered. The bacon was way overcooked and both of us with these bacon and egg breakfasts ordered over easy eggs and got scrambled. The potatoes were just okay.

My suggestion is to stay here as it is nice, close to the downtown square which is nice but don't eat here. We ate at the Firehouse restaurant which was great.

• Stayed April 2010, traveled on business
Also consider these accommodations in or near Hanford
Comfort Inn Hanford
Lamp Liter Inn
Lamp Liter Inn
#5 of 14 in Visalia
4.0 of 5 stars 315 reviews

Been to Irwin Street Inn? Share your experiences!