“Frozen” 1 of 5 stars

Ranked #1 of 1 Hanford B&B and Inns
California, Maryland
“Frozen”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed March 26, 2012

I would never suggest you or anyone you care about staying at the Irwin Street Inn. The tables in the dining room were dirty. The rooms were dirty. They did not heat in the rooms and they were 50 degrees at night. The showers did not have hot water. The maid did not work the days we stayed at Inn and so we did not have our rooms cleaned the first two nights.

Room Tip: I would not suggest choosing a room at this Inn.
  • Stayed March 2012, traveled on business

28 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (3)
Sanger, Ca
2 of 5 stars Reviewed December 30, 2010

My Husband and I stayed at the Irwin Street Inn for our honeymoon back in Jan. 1998. We loved it! Last year for our anniversary we decided to go back and enjoy a night there. We were so disappointed. It took awhile to get someone to help us when we first got there. They just seemed like they didn't know who was in charge or how to run thing (not at all like the 1st time we went). The 1st room they gave was a bed on the ground. I was not having that. No way am I going to pay for a room and sleep on the ground, so I asked to change rooms. It took forever for them to get another room ready for us. Then when we finally moved rooms we realized the next room was worse. There was an "old" bed that squeaked when you sat or moved on it. My Husband and I were so tired by then that we just kept that room. It really ruined the evening.The place just seemed old & musty, not quaint and antique looking like it used to. We won't be going back there anytime soon. This place could be so cute and romantic if it were taken care of and had good service like it used to. It's to bad.

• Stayed January 2010, traveled as a couple
Watsonville, CA
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 3, 2010

In this age of chain box stores and motels, which all look alike and are devoid of personality, the Irwin Street Inn is an anachronism. While attending a funeral I stayed there and loved it. The staff were attentive, professional and welcoming. Breakfast is unbeatable. The Irwin Street Inn has an excellent chef who cooks breakfasts to order, and it is included with the hotel fee. In the evening the Irwin Street Inn has live music. They feature a musician who plays saxophone and has an excellent singing voice. He is personable, and the music is mellow. It is wonderful to sit in their outdoor beautiful patio surrounded by twinkling lights on a balmy evening and enjoy the music while having a glass of wine, coffee or cocktail. It is a great place for a date evening for locals to relax. I heartily recommend the Irwin Street Inn. It is a destination. Amelia Koenig, Watsonville, CA

• Stayed July 2010, traveled on business
Kingsburg ca
1 of 5 stars Reviewed July 22, 2010

I scheduled an appointment to view this for a wedding venue. We anticipated a friendly warm atmosphere that would provide us the intimate wedding we hoped for. I scheduled the appointment on my lunch hour with the party coordinator, Stacy. When I arrived, the room was packed full of people, an out of town party that arrived late due to uncontrolable circumstances. Stacy was busy, so the owner Frank showed me around, while she entertained the party. The outside courtyard was small but practical, the reception area was, again, small but practical. It was what we were looking for, so I then scheduled an appointment yet again with Stacy to discuss pricing, and choose a food selection. When I initially spoke with this woman she assure me she could get the price of my wedding right where I wanted it to be, for the size of my party. I then called on the day of the appointment to let them know I was going to be about 15 minutes late, when the cook advised me that they had booked a wedding on that day and did not have time anyway to take care of us, so we had to re-schedule for the following weekend. I was not happy but understood things happen. The next weekent I arrived early to the appointment to find, Stacy was not there, she had an emergancy and was running late. We decided then that ok, we will leave for a bit and they could call once she had arrived. 1 1/2 hours later, I called the company and was told she had " a prior appointment that unfortunately was more important," and yet again she would rechedule me. Wow, really? This is service? I asked for her to email me pricing, and the different food options and my fiance and I would have to wait until it was convienient for us to make another appointment, afterall we do work too. Monday came along and after she did not call me, and I called her she advised me that there was no way she could get the price to what we origionally discussed. She did not apologize for her behavior and unprofessionalism. It has been now 7 days and I still have no phone call and no email with pricing. My wedding is set for 4 months away. Needless to say, I will not be using them for my service and I do not recomend them. They are extreemly unprofessional and unprepared to run a sucessful party business.

• Stayed July 2010, traveled on business
santa clara, california
3 of 5 stars Reviewed May 6, 2010

Myself and my colleagues were in town for one night on business. The rooms were big in this house-converted inn. There were a few setbacks. They were:

1. My first room did not allow a key in the door.
2. My second room already had a guest staying there.
3. My third room was okay albeit handicapped but not a problem for use.
4. When using the sink, I turned on the water and there was a smell of sulfur.

The entry problems into the room were taken care of but did not make me very trusting of the management but the water problem and subsequent smell was not okay. It made the possibility of getting a drink of water awful and brushing my teeth was not very appetizing.

We were allowed to have a late breakfast the next morning as our meeting went from 5 a.m. to 10 a.m. We ordered simple breakfasts - two omelettes and two bacon and egg breakfasts. We had to wait 45 minutes for our food with no other patrons in the "restaurant" area of the lobby. The toast was toasted but had been sitting a long time and was hard and cold and not buttered. The bacon was way overcooked and both of us with these bacon and egg breakfasts ordered over easy eggs and got scrambled. The potatoes were just okay.

My suggestion is to stay here as it is nice, close to the downtown square which is nice but don't eat here. We ate at the Firehouse restaurant which was great.

• Stayed April 2010, traveled on business
USA
2 of 5 stars Reviewed April 9, 2010

First time visit to Hanford and wanted the small town experience - including local hotel. This inn has much promise but needs an influx of cash and experienced innkeepers to set it straight. Good things included daily breakfast in a lovely dining room. Wireless internet access and very friendly staff. Someone - take care of this place and it could become a destination.

• Stayed March 2010, traveled as a couple
Sacramento
1 of 5 stars Reviewed January 10, 2010

After reading several reviews I booked an over night stay at the Irwin St Innn Bed and Breakfast. When we checked in the young man who helped us didn't seem to know what he was doing. We were finally given a room and told to park around back that we would be right in front of the door of to our room. When we parked the first thing I saw was a homeless guy going through the trash. I made a comment to the man that was helping with our bags. He said not to worry that security would run them off. Then we walked into our room. OH MY GOD! The wallpaper was peeling off the walls, the bedspread and sham looked like they had never been washed and the sheets and blanket were paper thin. The bathroom had a tile floor, old fashioned sink, the bathtub had claw feet and they had run a shower rod around the tub and hooked a shower curtain threw it and showerhead that is not even describeable. The toliet was in what could be described as a closet with the water tank above the toilet and a chain with a handle to pull when you flushed. This bathroom was raised so it looked like a stage with curtains on both sides. Oh and did I mention that the heater did not work. I did not sleep most of the night between the train whistle going off all night and not feeling safe.
Breakfast was fair not good but fair. Why didn't we leave I really don't know but be warnned if you decide to stay there.

• Stayed January 2010, traveled as a couple

Been to Irwin Street Inn? Share your experiences!