“Very Relaxing..........” 5 of 5 stars

Certificate of Excellence 2014
Stockton, California
“Very Relaxing..........”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 30, 2013

We came back for a 3 day getaway and couldn't have enjoyed more. Rooms are clean and comfortable. Staff was once again very friendly and helpful. Beach walks are steps away. Numerous restaurants within minutes, some walking distance. Half Moon Bay 5 minute drive, cozy little town, shops and restaurants. Great for special occasion getaways. Will be back.

Stayed March 2013, traveled as a couple
Beach-House_10, Front Office Manager at Beach House at Half Moon Bay, responded to this review, April 23, 2013
We are so glad you had an enjoyable and comfortable stay with us. Thank you for your comments regarding the friendliness of our staff. We are also glad you enjoyed the area (thank you for mentioning nearby restaurants and the quaintness of the town for our future guests).

We look forward to seeing you again on your next trip to Half Moon Bay!

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (210)
Paphos, Cyprus
3 of 5 stars Reviewed March 27, 2013

We stayed in this hotel for one night, and overall enjoyed the experience. We had a huge room, but felt that it was quite basically furnished - the bathroom especially was very plain. For the price that we paid for this room I think we were expecting a little more luxury, but nevertheless it was comfortable and clean enough. The Aveda products in the bathroom were a really nice touch and the reception staff were friendly.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled as a couple
Beach-House_10, Front Office Manager at Beach House at Half Moon Bay, responded to this review, May 21, 2013
We are glad that you enjoyed your stay here at the Beach House. Thank you for your kind comments regarding our staff and the amenities in the rooms. We regularly update the décor in hotel and guest rooms, and we apologize if our hotel décor was not to your taste. We also appreciate your comments regarding the comfort and cleanliness of our rooms. We hope to see you again on our next trip to Half Moon Bay.
San Jose, California, United States
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 26, 2013

Came here to celebrate hubby's Birthday, booked the Seaside Escape Package,Very, Very clean room, great ocean view, enjoyed the cheese/wine recep. staff for the most part was friendly. Definately coming back. ONLY reason I did not give 5 Stars: upon check in, I felt that the young lady that helped me was rude, she gave me the keys and an envelope, but didn't bother to show us where our room was located or what was in the envelope that she handed to me (it contained a compliment dinner at Sams, which was great!). I had to ask where our room was located, and got a rude resonse. She had no problem showing & explaining to couple before me where there room was located & explaining about info in envelope, who knows, maybe I just caught in her a bad time. Hopefully next time I will get someone more pleasant.

Room Tip: Ocean View rooms in the middle and left corner have great views.
  • Stayed March 2013, traveled as a couple
Thank you for your review. We are glad you enjoyed your stay and your meal at Sam's Chowder House. It is such a treat for us to have such a great restaurant so close by. I am sorry to hear about your experience upon your check-in. We strive for excellent service to our guests, and we apologize if we fell short. Thank you for bringing this to our attention. We hope you will come back and see us again sometime very soon.
Seattle, Washington
2 of 5 stars Reviewed March 25, 2013 via mobile

The many fine reviews on trip advisor are true about the many charms of this marvelously situated hotel. I should have spent some time digging into the less stellar reviews myself before pulling the trigger and booking a weekend here. I did not and I suffered for it because the hotel has a well known design flaw: during certain conditions smoke enters the rooms from other fireplaces choking the occupants.

Our first night was fine but the second night we came back from our event at midnight to find our room incredibly smoky. The front desk told us to light the fire in our fireplace to create an updraft and reduce the ingress of smoke. Opening the widows did no good as some kind of inversion and no wind outside meant more smoke would just come in. The fireplace solution worked until I woke up having difficulty breathing around 3:30 am when the log burned itself out, thus creating a bunch of smoke in the room. Then I tried using the fan to counteract the fireplace.

I finally had to go sit out in the parking lot at 4am to catch my breath. Around 5:30 am with a little wind outside and the fires all out in all the fireplaces, I had aired the room out enough to get a little sleep from about 6 to 8 am.

Upon checkout we were offered 50 dollars.

One night of no sleep, fighting an asthma attack all night, sitting in a parking lot at 4am for 250 dollars a night.

This goes down as one of the worst hotel experiences of my life. The only reason they get two stars is because the property location. But the main job of a beach hotel is to provide a relaxing experience and clean air is on the top of my list. So, if you don't care about breathing I highly recommend this hotel.

Stayed March 2013, traveled as a couple
We greatly apologize for the experience you had with the smoke in your room. I am sure that the Front Desk you saw in the morning was not fully aware of the intensity of your situation, and I apologize for the unpleasantness during your stay and that you did not get any sleep. We have since remedied this issue, and we have not had another occurrence since. Thank you for taking the time to write this review and bringing it to our attention.
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 20, 2013

We enjoyed the seaside escape package. The wine hour was a nice compliment before our dinner at sams chowder house, which the Beach House made reservastions for us. Overeall we had a great stay and plan to come back again.

• Stayed March 2013
Beach-House_10, Front Office Manager at Beach House at Half Moon Bay, responded to this review, March 21, 2013
We are happy that you enjoyed your stay and that you were here to enjoy our complimentary wine reception before your dinner. We look forward to having you stay with us again in the future.
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 16, 2013

I loved my experience at this hotel so much. I felt so comfortable and cozy with a warm fire right when I woke up and before bed. The view of the ocean from the balcony was relaxing. The pool was peaceful, warm and felt refreshing. The staff was super friendly and respectful. The room had dishes, a stove top, fridge, this room truly felt like a home. The overall hotel was not overcrowded with other guests. I can't wait to stay here again!

• Stayed March 2013
Beach-House_10, Front Office Manager at Beach House at Half Moon Bay, responded to this review, March 19, 2013
We are so pleased that you felt the comfort of home while staying with us. We appreciate your review. We are very happy that you were able to enjoy the view and our hotel amenities. We also thank you for your kind comments regarding our staff. We want to make our guests feel comfortable and to enjoy their stay to the fullest. We look forward to having you back again in the future.
Moses Lake, Washington
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 9, 2013

My husband and I stayed for one night at your hotel and one at another local hotel and wished we would have stayed the second night at your hotel, your hotel was fabulous, very clean, comfortable bed, and the view was fantastic. We could not have enjoyed ourselves more. Thank you, Thank you, Thank you.
Jennifer Lonas
(former HMB resident)

• Stayed February 2013, traveled with family
Beach-House_10, Front Office Manager at Beach House at Half Moon Bay, responded to this review, March 13, 2013
We greatly appreciate your kind review. Thank you very much, and we are very glad that you had such an enjoyable stay at our property. Your comment about the hotel being very clean is a great compliment to our Housekeeping Staff. We're so glad you enjoyed your room and the view. We look forward to having you stay with us again in the future.

Been to Beach House at Half Moon Bay? Share your experiences!