My husband and I stayed at the beach house for 2 nights to celebrate my birthday. The hotel was wonderful and we would certainly stay here again. The perks include:
- ocean front view from most rooms.
- fireplace with duraflame log provided each day along with easy to light matches. Great ambiance in the room.
- quick easy to access continental breakfast to start the day.
- friendly staff
- comfortable beds
- Large rooms with a kitchen area stocked with wine glasses, plates, cups silverware, 2 burner stove, toaster, etc. You could make small meals if you wanted I suppose. We took a bottle of wine back to the hotel and it was great to have the things we needed already provided.
- massage services on site. We had a couples massage.
- Location is fabulous. Sam's Chowder House is next door or you can walk about 10 minutes along the water to the harbor area where there are 5+ restaurants/bars. We visited Half Moon Bay Brewing Company just past the harbor and had a great lunch (claim chowder there is better than at Sam's Chowder House). Wonderful to be able to walk and not worry about driving.
We are already planning to head back to HMB later this year and we will be booking at Beach House again. Don't hesitate to stay here....you won't be sorry.
(PS - the rooms on the North end of the that are partial ocean view do look at towards Sam's Chowder House so I would imagine the view of the back of the restaurant isn't ideal. Just FYI.)