Spent a whole week here the end of September and must say, it was an incredible opportunity to slow down. Located right on the water, the Beach House was a great respite for the two of us. Close to the BART terminal to ride into the city, plenty of state parks nearby, quaint drives around the area, Half Moon Bay is a slow part of the world, perfect for resetting your internal clocks. The hotel itself is in pristine condition: beautiful grounds, nice pool and hot tub and there is a fundamental breakfast with rolls, bagels and juices each morning. The is a lockable gate leading to the coastal walking/biking path near the poor--to the north, the harbor, to the south, miles of very good and marvelously scenic trail. We had a suite on the south side--read again: side (significant in good time). The room had a working fireplace with a new Duraflame log each day. There was a little kitchenette and we stocked up on Day One at the Safeway a few miles to the south with our favorite goodies. There was a pleasant balcony with a great view and the room overall was spacious and spotless. The south wall was entirely glass and the light in the morning was luscious if we wanted it or dimmed if we chose to close the shades. Sept was still quite pleasant, if not warm, and since there was no ceiling fan or A/C, we resorted to leaving the windows open at night for air circulation. Bad move. Given the side location, we were painfully aware the first night of just how close we were to the highway. And to the trash collection area. And to the parking lot. And to the pool. You get the idea. The breeze would have been amazing but the noise was overwhelming. Advice: Stay on the water side, not the sides of the property--it's worth the extra. Or, buy a cheap box fan that moves air around. There was only a small 6 inch fan with the room, hardly sufficient to meet our needs. And, a minor thing, while TV was hardly a major diversion, the reception was incredibly poor. There was nary a gram of protein in the breakfast selections--all big carb/fat bombs. Yogurts would have been a nice touch. Intriguing to me is that I wrote the management a cordial note, describing there few issues and received no response.
Would we stay here again? Absolutely! By any definition of luxury, this was it. We would stay third floor, water front, center of building and bring in our own breakfast stuff. The staff was cordial but not overdone, eager to advise us when we asked for guidance on activities, dining and area travel. You couldn't ask for a better location and the coastal trail was a wonderful diversion each day. Expensive, yes, but what a treat you'll have!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Reminiscent of a private Nantucket summer home, the Beach House Hotel Half Moon Bay offers spectacular views of the Pacific Ocean and Pillar Point Harbor. Just 25 miles south of San Francisco, the hotel features 54 spacious loft suites providing the perfect romantic getaway or retreat for the entire family. Each guest receives complimentary high speed internet access, full continental breakfast and parking. Take advantage of the heated outdoor pool and Jacuzzi overlooking the Pacific. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Hotels.com, Travelocity, Expedia, Priceline, Despegar.com, Odigeo, TravelClick and Tingo so you can book your Beach House at Half Moon Bay reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Beach House At Half Moon Bay Hotel Half Moon Bay
- Beach Hotel Half Moon Bay
- Beach Half Moon Bay
- Beach House Half Moon Bay