Arrived just after midday ready to spend our last night in the States before our flight home the next day. Knew check in was from 4 pm but asked the lady on the front desk when the room might be ready just in case we could get in earlier : she was really helpful and said she'd look into it and to check back later in the afternoon. I managed to get the room at 3.05, which wasn't too bad : the room was standard, which we'd paid £200 for, facing the car park, but was nice as it was big and had a good kitchen area.
Pros: comfy bed, clean bathroom with 2 sinks, separate shower and bath, decent kitchen with fridge and microwave, plus coffee maker. Hot tub looked nice which we didn't use as it was raining, and hotel was based directly on the beach. Wine reception ok with 2 kinds of wine and cheese, plus breakfast nice with pastries, muffins, fruit, bagels, coffee and juice.
Cons : no air con! I take the point that the temp barely gets above the 50s but really! The night was really warm and this must be an ongoing issue for a lot of people during the Summer and onwards. All hotels 3 star and above should have the pre-requisite of air con as standard. The tv was rubbish! Fuzzy channels and in fact, hardly any channels : please upgrade! Although there is a gym, it's tiny and dangerous should you use the free weights, there would be insufficient space.
The room, its' cleanliness and decor, plus size influenced me in giving this a 4 star rating.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Reminiscent of a private Nantucket summer home, the Beach House Hotel Half Moon Bay offers spectacular views of the Pacific Ocean and Pillar Point Harbor. Just 25 miles south of San Francisco, the hotel features 54 spacious loft suites providing the perfect romantic getaway or retreat for the entire family. Each guest receives complimentary high speed internet access, full continental breakfast and parking. Take advantage of the heated outdoor pool and Jacuzzi overlooking the Pacific. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Travelocity, TravelClick, Booking.com, Orbitz, Hotels.com, Tingo, Despegar.com, BookingOdigeoWL and Priceline so you can book your Beach House at Half Moon Bay reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Beach House At Half Moon Bay Hotel Half Moon Bay
- Beach Hotel Half Moon Bay
- Beach Half Moon Bay
- Beach House Half Moon Bay