We live in San Francisco, yet after spending a Saturday night at the hotel, we felt as if we'd been on a longer getaway.
Several of the other reviews compliment the hotel, and I agree. Free parking is convenient and a benefit. The continental breakfast was nice, especially with the tray that you can take back to your room to sit on the patio. The highlight is sitting on the patio in the morning with a cup of coffee while looking at the ocean. A noon check-out time allowed us to spend a leisurely morning without rushing to leave. The cost of the room seems a bit steep, but it is spacious with a fireplace and a ocean view.
Here's what I would recommend:
Spend the early part of the day hiking at one of the nearby state parks
Go to Duarte's in Pescadero (south of Half Moon Bay) for their artichoke soup
Take a stroll along the main street of Half Moon Bay
Have dinner at Sam's Chowder House (make a reservation) and have the lobster roll. Sam's is next to the hotel so you can easily walk to it.
Spend the rest of the evening in your hotel room with the fireplace
Wake up to have continental breakfast on the chairs outside your room while looking at the ocean and the boats
- Also Known As:
- Beach House At Half Moon Bay Hotel Half Moon Bay
- Beach House At Half Moon Bay Hotel
- Beach Hotel Half Moon Bay
- Beach Half Moon Bay
- Beach House Half Moon Bay
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Reminiscent of a private Nantucket summer home, the Beach House Hotel Half Moon Bay offers spectacular views of the Pacific Ocean and Pillar Point Harbor. Just 25 miles south of San Francisco, the hotel features 54 spacious loft suites providing the perfect romantic getaway or retreat for the entire family. Each guest receives complimentary high speed internet access, full continental breakfast and parking. Take advantage of the heated outdoor pool and Jacuzzi overlooking the Pacific. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Booking.com, Hotels.com, Travelocity, TravelClick, Priceline, Orbitz, Cheap Tickets, Venere and Tingo so you can book your Beach House at Half Moon Bay reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.