My family stayed for two nights in June 2010 as a family get-a-away. I chose this hotel based on the reviews, and must say was terribly disappointed throughout the entire stay. The hotel looks and feels like a hotel built in the 70's, that the owners spent money on upgrading features in the room, but not all features. All rooms have balconies. The sliding glass doors were single-paned old doors, and squeeky when you opened them. The single-paned glass on everything allowed so much noise to come into the room, that it sounded as though my neighbors were on our balcony. We were on the 2nd story, and that night as my 2 year old son, my hubby and I finally dozed off, we were woken up to loud music and talking. I could not determine which room it was coming from since it appeared to be coming from every direction. The walls and floors were so thin, I could hear when every neighbor took a shower or fushed their toilets. The noise did not cease till 2am, and although I complained to the front desk, it appeared nothing was done. So we slept about 4 hours that night. They did not seem that sympathetic the next day as we requested to be moved to another room. They wanted to move us 2 rooms down, which I said would probably not solve the problem. So they did move us further down, and that night we slept much sounder, but were all (including my son) jolted awake to a piercing siren like noise as my neighbors turned their shower on at 5:30am. The water pressure in the old pipes made the noise for about a minute. On top of it, the beds and pillows were uncomfortable and stiff, and the hotel backs up near the rear yards of homes and part of the golf course. So during the day we heard dogs barking at golfers from a house nearby. Also, the breakfast is mediocre - pastries, juice, coffee, cereal, and you can make your own waffles.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Escape to Half Moon Bay, where you can brave the waves of Mavericks, explore our community of arts filled with jazz clubs and galleries, and indulge in sustainable cuisine at premier local eateries. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Hotels.com, Priceline, Odigeo, TripOnline SA and Tingo so you can book your Half Moon Bay Lodge reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Best Western Plus Half Moon Bay Hotel Half Moon Bay
- Best Western Half Moon Bay
- Half Moon Bay Best Western