“Lovely Little Home Away From Home” 5 of 5 stars

Offers & Announcements
Stay Longer & Save!
Ranked #3 of 8 Hotels in Half Moon Bay
Branford, Connecticut
“Lovely Little Home Away From Home”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 8, 2013

We arrived at the Lodge after a very long day of traveling and received a warm welcome at checkin. The hotel was so pretty in the cool, clear California evening, and we were pleasantly surprised when we reached our spacious, nicely-appointed room, with the big comfortable bed, cathedral ceiling and large deck overlooking the golf course. Our stay was marvelous. The entire staff was friendly and helpful and the property was so pretty and inviting. I think it was pretty full, but we never had the feeling that we were surrounded by people - It was very private and quiet. The Lodge is in a great location, near enough to beaches and town, but just a little off the main road so that you feel as though you're in your own peaceful get-away. I didn't give it an "excellent" for location because to me, an excellent location is on the beach. But you wouldn't be paying these affordable prices if it were, right? So in truth, it is just about perfect. Oh, and don't forget to eat at Joe's, the restaurant at the front of the property. It's a cool little spot - very deceiving from the outside. But inside the clientele is diverse, the service is great, and the food is terrific. I highly recommend Half Moon Bay Lodge to anyone looking for a lovely, tasteful, affordable place to stay. And I cannot wait to go back again!!

Room Tip: We stayed in two rooms, because we had to book an unexpected extra night while we were there. The s...
  • Stayed November 2013, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (104)
Naples, Florida
3 of 5 stars Reviewed November 3, 2013

This is a pretty nice place. I just attended a conference at the Ritz Carlton Half Moon Bay and it wasn't practical for everyone to pay Ritz room rates. So I opted for the Lodge - and it was really okay. I got an online rate. And it was everything that I needed.

Bed, good view, quiet, nice facility, very friendly staff, a little diner restaurant in front of the property. There are a couple of great little finds in Half Moon Bay. Specifically, I found a New Leaf community market which is cross between a Whole Foods and an organic market. But that was good for getting one or two dinners set up (the room had a small fridge).

I could walk to the Ritz (2 kilometers - a about a mile plus). And down to the Ocean.

So all in all - great value and a very nice staff to help you out.

Room Tip: I elected to get a room without a fireplace. And it was fine. No elevator if you are trying to get t...
  • Stayed November 2013, traveled on business
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 23, 2013

I can't say enough about this hotel. The entire staff seems to really care about their guests comfort and satisfaction with their stays. Jaime of the maintenance staff is a real gem. I've never experienced someone as dedicated and concerned about the property and the guests as him. He really wants you to come back again and again.
Newly renovated rooms are quite comfortable and spacious. The fitness center while small is in very good condition and offers a very good stationary bike and a couple of higher end treadmills, as well as dumbbells and a nice adjustable bench. The complimentary breakfast offers good choices presented nicely.
When I'm back in the area, I will look forward to staying here again.

Stayed October 2013, traveled on business
Bristow, Oklahoma, United States
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 23, 2013

We had a beautiful view of the golf course and a walk out patio. The swimming pool area was outside, fireplace outside, hot tub. Very quaint! Breakfast was served indoors. Very good breakfast. Beds were comfortable. the only drawback was the room stayed warm during the day. No airconditioning. I did pack a fan which was necessary! I felt very safe, and really enjoyed my stay! It took 30 minutes from the san Francisco International Airport.

Room Tip: Bring a fan. Draw the curtains in the day. The sun heats the room.
  • Stayed October 2013, traveled with family
Topeka, Kansas
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 19, 2013

Attractive rooms, clean, well-kept, located right on PCH (Hwy 1). Lovely outdoor pool and fireplace, relaxing well-manicured grounds. A solid recommendation, meets all expectations on several visits over the years.

Stayed October 2013, traveled solo
Walnut Creek, California
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 17, 2013

Very nice lodge, but I should have done my homework before booking. I would have liked an on-site restaurant and bar, for example. I'm sure this was covered on the website, but I apparently overlooked this. The room was nice. We overlooked the golf course. When we unpacked, we found that there were no hangers in the closet. Because what we brought didn't really need to be hung up, I didn't call the front desk. We ended up having a meal at Mullins at the golf course at the Ritz which was good. We also spent time at our friends restaurant which is a must for people wanting an inexpensive good meal. It's called Daddy-O's which is housed in a bright yellow caboose right in Half Moon Bay close to Hi 92 & Hi 1.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled with friends
England
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 8, 2013

After travelling 10 hours from the UK the lodge was just what we wanted! Only 30 minutes from the airport it was a great top be welcomed by friendly staff. Our room overlooking the golf course was very clean and the bed most comfortable. We had a meal next door (on recommendation of reception staff) which we really enjoyed, fell into our bed and slept really well! The breakfast was excellent, plenty of choice and plenty of it. Will certainly make it a stop next time we visit the USA.

Room Tip: Ask for room overlooking golf course.
  • Stayed September 2013, traveled as a couple

Been to Half Moon Bay Lodge? Share your experiences!