We stayed 4 nights. Location very good -- easy to reach sites of great beauty: the ocean (15 min. walking or 5 min. driving), Coastside Trail, Pursima Creek Preserve, the town of Half Moon Bay. Surprisingly, only 40 mins.+/- from SFO. Small, quiet and relaxing, all rooms open in the rear to manicured gardens and golf course vistas. Our "basic" 1st floor room was unexpectedly large and well-appointed, including private patio, refrigerator and sink at entry that could serve as a wet bar. Our relatives' "basic" room on 2nd floor seemed even larger with cathedral ceilings and a balcony. Pool, hot tub beautifully maintained; also a small exercise room with sauna. "Continental Breakfast" included real scrambled eggs replenished frequently, waffles, sausage, juices, teas and coffee, plus an array of pastries and breads which delighted my husband. The lovely breakfast room overlooking the pool was quiet, charming, and had classical music playing - no TV blaring! Hotel doesn't have its own restaurant for lunch and dinner, but Joe's, right in front of the hotel, on Hwy.1, has good fresh, well-prepared food and will provide room service. Good beds. Any request was met with an immediate and helpful response. Virtually everything about Half Moon Bay Lodge was better than expected. The value is exceptional, if you reserve via hotel website. I've been traveling for business over 20 years and stayed in hundreds of hotels/motels - couldn't have been more pleased!
- Also Known As:
- Best Western Plus Half Moon Bay Hotel Half Moon Bay
- Best Western Plus Half Moon Bay Hotel
- Best Western Half Moon Bay
- Half Moon Bay Best Western
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Escape to Half Moon Bay, where you can brave the waves of Mavericks, explore our community of arts filled with jazz clubs and galleries, and indulge in sustainable cuisine at premier local eateries. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Booking.com, Travelocity, Orbitz, Priceline, Tingo, Hotels.com, TripOnline SA, Agoda, Venere and Otel so you can book your Half Moon Bay Lodge reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.