I have stayed at HMBL a couple of times. The most recent was Jan. 1-3 with my husband, 43 and son, 21. The 2 queen bed room was large enough for the 3 of us. Our balcony view was overlooking a small lake and the golf course.
hot breakfast (scrambled eggs, sausage, waffles, cereals, yogurt, toast, juices, etc...)
heated pool (in winter this is extremely nice)
room was a nice large size for 3 adults
lounge had warm fresh cookies, computer with printer
location (near S.F. area, off highway, golf course)
staff has always been welcoming to us
bed was too firm (especially for my husband, who has a pinched nerve in his lower back)
internet was sometimes slow (not a big deal just wait)
shower head would not adjust (I'm short)
Hope this information helps you in determining whether you will be staying or not. If you do decided to stay, pop into Cameron's Pub for some drinks (food is edible enough but nothing to write home about with the exception of the apple pie, which is amazing).
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Escape to Half Moon Bay, where you can brave the waves of Mavericks, explore our community of arts filled with jazz clubs and galleries, and indulge in sustainable cuisine at premier local eateries. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Travelocity, Expedia, Hotels.com, BookIt.com and Priceline so you can book your Half Moon Bay Lodge reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Best Western Plus Half Moon Bay Hotel Half Moon Bay
- Best Western Half Moon Bay
- Half Moon Bay Best Western