“Absurd managerial micromanagement.” 1 of 5 stars
Review of Pelican Point RV Park

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Half Moon Bay
Pelican Point RV Park
1001 Miramontes Point Rd., Half Moon Bay, CA 94019   |
“Absurd managerial micromanagement.”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed October 28, 2012 via mobile

I pride myself in being well traveled and I was let down by the management as well as the pretentious residents. I must note that many people are residents and not vacationing. My family and I were greeted by the managers wonderful daughter and it was all downhill from there. I arrived late and left for dinner. Upon returning I turned off my lights allowing only my daytime runners to illuminate my path back to our pad. As I connected H2O and grey I was rudely interrupted by the male manager who insisted that my running lights were shining into his house and waking everyone up in the park. He insisted that he maintains very strict rules. I asked him what I should do. He immediately started to ramblel what sounded like excuses as to why he is such a control freak. We were present only a few moments before he came to harass us. No greeting, no hello how are you... He insisted that he had multiple complaints... As previously noted I travel, fly, fish, sail, etc. I have been across the states and back. Mingled with the rich and the poor. Backpacked through Europe. I have mingled among many different social groups and never have I expierienced such rude, pretentious, and an outright snobbish environment. RVers beware. Dealing with the micromanagement was nothing compared to the people living/staying here. People are supposed to enjoy themselves while camping/RVing. This is not camping/RVing, you might as well be down at the 55+ trailer park. Don't waste your time here. Reserve yourself a spot where people enjoy your company and your money is appreciated.

• Stayed October 2012

63 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (6)
1 of 5 stars Reviewed September 12, 2012 via mobile

We just showed up at 8:00pm to try to get a spot cause all the others where full of closed for winter and the lady at the desk said there was no room and as I looked outside I saw like 35 empty spots really they won't take your money when your right there and ready!!! That's it horrible customer service and she had just a really negative attitude when I asked her if there where any other places !!!

• Stayed September 2012
Novato, California
3 of 5 stars Reviewed September 9, 2012

This park is located about 5 or 6 miles south of the town of Half Moon Bay and about 10 miles south of the harbor. Very basic accomodations,the 2 ladies that helped us check in were very nice although we had little interaction because they were pretty busy. As others stated the pads are narrow and if you have a neighbor their card will be in your space. Great location - close to the beach. We will probably go back to explore the beach as we did not have time this visit to walk.

San Jose, California
1 of 5 stars Reviewed September 9, 2012

We belong to a Good Sam RV Club. This weekend we were at Pelican Point RV Park. Our other club went here 18 years ago but voted NEVER to go back because of the owner's bad attitude. Our new club went here this weekend and it was interesting to see that NOTHING HAS CHANGED. You can't check in before 1pm?? They were turning people away!

If you come after 8pm you have to leave?? One club member was told that if they come after 8pm they had to leave & come back the next day. Among other things, they are non-ADA compliant & failed to provide adequate access to the clubhouse for members in motorized scooters. These are only a few of the problems for the weekend. Needless to say, we will NOT GO BACK.

Room Tip: Owners have a very bad attitude. Park is a wonderful location & could do more business with an i...
  • Stayed September 2012, traveled with friends
Modesto, California, United States
1 of 5 stars Reviewed September 2, 2012

We have been traveling for 6 years now and we have never came across such rudeness as the young staff that works there. The lady thats keep the place clean, Is very good at what she does, The young lady at the counter is RUDE !!, we will never be back. So sorry too, But cant stay at a place that had no room for campers just having fun!!. 5$ a day internet service is way out of line. It should always be free. The Space cost is way too much for the the age of the park. I saw the Owner go to a space that had an RV and a truck that had a tent attached to the bed of the truck, I thought it was the best tent I have ever seen. The owner guy told him to take it down, Really.. why?? wow we are heere for a relaxing good time, Im sure the Tent guy was not happy, I saw him and I know he was not happy!! let campers have fun . no one was hurting anything!!.

Modesto
1 of 5 stars Reviewed August 29, 2012

Nice location, but the park is in fairly run down condition. The staff is not helpful at all, most unreasonable people. Most places go the extra mile to have repeat customers, not this place. All parks must have rules, but they go out of their way to enforce them, where clearly there should be some latitude. We love the area, but will NOT be going back to a place that goes out of their way to make you feel like you are imposing. Not recommended at all.

4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 18, 2012

Pelican Point RV Park is an older RV park with narrow pads and out-dated sewer drains. However it is well worth it to stay there as long as you are prepared.
The staff is very nice and helpful; the daughter particularly in helping us park - she was an EXPERT in directing!
The location is wonderful, near the ocean, walking path, easy drive to downtown and restaurants, and things to see & do.
We will be back!

• Stayed March 2012, traveled as a couple

Been to Pelican Point RV Park? Share your experiences!