“Charming and Stylish Hotel” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Half Moon Bay Inn

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Half Moon Bay
Half Moon Bay Inn
You added Half Moon Bay Inn to your Saves list
401Main Street, Half Moon Bay, CA 94019   |
Ranked #7 of 11 Half Moon Bay B&B and Inns
“Charming and Stylish Hotel”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 17, 2012

This is a lovely and very stylish hotel. It's charming, warm and cozy. I really enjoyed my stay. The staff was gracious and welcoming. The only complaint I would have is that my room was quiet small. With my luggage in the room, it was very tight to walk around. There were larger rooms that I peaked into while they were being cleaned. There seemed to be plenty of available larger rooms, and I wondered why they had not upgraded me to a slightly larger room since they had the space. I was there on a slow Monday night. Just for the management's consideration I would say that if you have the space, upgrade your guests when possible. I might not return to this hotel because of the small room, whereas if they had upgraded me to a larger, more comfortable room, I would definitely have returned. I was only there for one night, and although, I enjoyed my experience, I don't think I could have been comfortable in such a tiny room for more than one night.

• Stayed March 2012, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (13)
Zurich/Switzerland
3 of 5 stars Reviewed May 17, 2012

Half Moon Bay Inn is a nicely decorated hotel with comfortable rooms. Upon arrival we noticed a constant noise (vent fan) from the restaurant below and when we asked about it, we were offered to stay in another room. We decided to change to the room next door which has a nice small outdoor deck. Although the hotel had a lot of vacant rooms that night, we had to pay extra, no mention of a free upgrade, even though we noticed too late that the noise was also audible in the other room. All in all, with the coffee maker, flatscreen tv and great wifi it was a nice stay, but we've experienced much better value at other places.

• Stayed May 2012, traveled as a couple
Half Moon Bay, California
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 3, 2012

This is the sort of place you always dreamed of opening, if you only had the money and style. Dazzling decor and use of the old building space. Feels Tuscan.

Great hosts. Quirky building. Fantastic linens.

This is not on the beach, nor does it have an ocean view, but Half Moon Bay has plenty of coastline to look at all day long and this is right in the best part of downtown. Stay here and eat lunch at the Ritz, and save a few hundred.

Only complaint is the noise, but that goes with the territory of being in the middle of downtown.

• Stayed March 2012, traveled as a couple
Santa Clara, California
3 of 5 stars Reviewed April 12, 2012

I booked this inn through Zozi offer with the wine tasting at Barterra tasting room down on Main Sreet. The hotel staff was nice to take the time taking us to our room. The location of the hotel is quite convenient, we can walk to the restaurants near by. It is a small and relax town. You can take your pet to this hotel which is quite nice.

• Stayed April 2012, traveled as a couple
Minneapolis, Minnesota
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 27, 2012

We really enjoyed our two day stay at this hotel. Though older, this hotel has no "older musty" smell. Our room had been refurbished and the decor was great. The atmosphere was incredible. It was clean. The beds very comfortable and the service was unbeatable. We did not have the opportunity to eat at their restaurant. We would gladly stay here again!

• Stayed February 2012, traveled with family
Hanford, California
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 16, 2012

My husband and I stayed at the Half Moon Bay Inn and loved it. The service was great and the décor was beautiful. The beds were very comfortable with down comforters and pillows the sheets were Egyptian cotton. Everything was neat and clean we really enjoyed our stay. The restaurant next door was amazing and we can’t wait to go back.

• Stayed November 2011, traveled as a couple
Tempe, Arizona
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 13, 2012

This is the latest hotel to open on Half Moon Bay's Main St. Everything about the hotel's rooms feel luxurious. The mattresses are wonderful, the sheets are egyptian cotton, the comforters are down.

The prices, however, are very reasonable, depending on when you go.

The only things that would make this better would be: fireplaces in the rooms, and breakfast. However, there are plenty of yummy places to have breakfast nearby.

Room Tip: Try to get a room that does not face the heating/coiling unit, which can be a bit noisy, even with t...