“Sushi done right” 5 of 5 stars

Dining options: Reservations
Portland, Oregon, USA
“Sushi done right”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 27, 2012

I happened upon this place when all other places stopped serving between 2:30 and 5 PM. I am the only one in my party that enjoys sushi so it was not our first choice. The menu is diverse enough to accomodate all pallets. I had the assorted sashimi to start with a seaweed salad and udon noodle bowl. Impressed enough with the sashimi I ordered a second assortment and then several pieces of my favorite fish. Everything was excellent, full of flavor and buttery smooth. My friends also enjoyed the food that they ordered!

• Visited September 2012
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food

Melbourne, Australia
“Needs Improvement”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed September 22, 2012

We ate a lot of Sushi during our 3weeks in the US. This place was the least impressive as the food was quite bland and lacking flavour. I ordered the spicy salmon roll but had to cover it in wasabi to get some degree of tastiness. Service was fine but the bill was a bit steep. Not the worst food we had during our travels but certainly near the bottom of our list.

Prince George, Virginia
“Great Sushi”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 24, 2012

This is my second time visiting Half Moon Bay and I returned to this restaurant for sushi. It's fresh and they have great menu choices. Very unsual small restaurant and I enjoyed a glass of wine while they made our sushi to go. If you like sushi this is a perfect place to enjoy

Visited August 2012
Half Moon Bay, California
“Sushi at its best”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 14, 2012

Of course, being right on the ocean is a plus when it comes to having fresh fish for sushi, but Main Street takes the fish and creates all sorts of fancy rolls that brings all of the taste together. Great people and local atmosphere.

Visited August 2012
Hickman, CA
“As SLOW as Molasses”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed July 1, 2012

I have mixed feelings about this place. The food was good, but the service was so slow that I could never endure it again. We had lunch there on Friday, 6/29, and there was only one waitress. Our first clue should have been that after waiting in the doorway for 10 minutes, we had to flag her down and ask to be seated. We sat and watched (and thought we were on some hidden camera show) as one problem after another kept happening. She would set the food on the wrong table, wrong checks, wrong change given, orders not taken, wrong food delivered. The bento boxes we had were really good, but my mom's wasn't delivered correctly the first time either. On the positive side, the atmosphere and decor was amazing and the waitress was upbeat and seemed oblivious to the chaos.

• Visited July 2012