“Great Valentine's Day Dinner” 5 of 5 stars

Website
Menu
Improve this listing
Reserve with OpenTable
Pasta Moon is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Cuisines: Italian
Dining style: Casual Elegant
San Carlos, California
“Great Valentine's Day Dinner”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 20, 2013

Pasta Moon is one of my favorite restaurants in Northern California. The food is fantastic, the service is great, and the atmosphere is wonderful. The ingredients tend to be from local organic farms. There's a great wine list, with a lot of very interesting Italian wines as well as lots from California.

My wife and I got on their mailing list, and they always send out an invitation to their Valentine's Day dinner. We wouldn't miss it! The menu for Valentine's Day has three choices for each of 4 courses. This year, they added a wine pairing (for $35) with some very well-chosen wines with each dish. Although this isn't their regular menu, I've got to praise the Gnocchi with smoked tomato cream sauce and especially the spinach Agnolotti with wild mushrooms and a truffle cream sauce. It's was one of the tastiest dishes I've ever had.

The regular menu is wonderful too, and there are always specials that are fantastic.

• Visited February 2013

Sacramento, California
“One of best meal I've had in a while”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 17, 2013

We ate here on February 16, 2013. I checked Tripadvisor before making my reservation, and I am glad I did. The meal was unbelievable! If you like Italian food please try this place.

Visited February 2013
Roseville, California
“Don't Waste Your Time Nor Money”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed February 14, 2013

We went there without a reservation and was told by the hostess, the six or seven empty tables were reserved and there would be people arriving shortly to fill them. She said if we wanted to eat there, we would have to eat in the bar area at a table in there. We said that would be fine. She seated us and said she would be right back with iced waters. A good twenty minutes went by and she never returned with water and a waiter never came by. At this point, I wanted to leave but my husband really wanted to try their pasta. He was told it was all homemade there on the premises and the food was really good. A waiter finally came and brought us menus. After another long wait, we ordered, only to have another long wait before the food arrived. At this point, I noticed the tables that the hostess had said would fill up never did. It had been 45 minutes since we got there and we were only now getting our meals. Yes.... I was keeping tract. Mainly because I wanted to leave after the waters were not received and we foolishly sat there for twenty minutes. The bar area was divided from the dinner area and was very drafty and cold. Now I am cold and looking at empty tables on the heated side of the restaurant wondering what there problem was. The food finally arrived and it was lousy at best. I got their special, crab pasta. The crab was ice cold and the pasta was boiled with no flavor or sause on it at all. The pasta did not taste homemade at atll. It had to be store bought. My husband ordered lazana and it did not look good either. He was also very disappointed with his meal. Usually we take leftovers home and enjoy them the next day. Sometimes it is what we will have for dinner the next day depending on how much is left over but we didn't even want to take any of this home. The meal was very expensive and between the cost, the terrible food and service, we left there upset. This place should close.

Visited January 2013
Half Moon Bay, CA
“Fabulous Homemade Pasta with a upscale Italian Menu, plus music on the weekends”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 2, 2013 via mobile

Ok if you want a place that is a little romantic for an adult evening out with low lighting & great Italian food and homemade pasta then this is the place. In the last few years they have expanded to add a live music room on the weekends, where you can order diner and enjoy great jazz music. Just perfect place. I have been coming here for Ten years and each time the owner Kim makes everyone feel welcome and the kitchen never disappoints. Always fabulous, try the lasagna it's got a little spice to the sauce but really yummy or any do the homemade pasta dishes. one if my favorites is the pappardelle pasta with duck ragu.
This is a very busy place on the weekends so call ahead for a reservations or be prepared to wait awhile....enjoy

Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania
“A great Italian restaurant!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 29, 2013 via mobile

Wow... I must confess I was very skeptical... cause I'm italian so often I'm seriously disappointed by the Italian "to be" restaurant but this was fantastic!

Pasta is home made and beautifully cooked "al dente" and even the saffron risotto was to die for! (and It is so difficult to find a risotto not overcooked in the restaurants!!)

The appetizers original and very yummy ... we had the pumpkin tempura... fried to perfection!

Desserts very nice and tasty too!

Service efficient and polite!

A must Stop... for lunch and dinner!