You added Landis Shores - An Oceanfront Bed and Breakfast Inn to your Saves list
Landis Shores - An Oceanfront Bed and Breakfast Inn
2.5 of 5 Bed and Breakfast   |   211 Mirada Road, Half Moon Bay, CA 94019   |
Ranked #4 of 11 Half Moon Bay B&B and Inns
Redmond, Washington
“On the beach!”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 23, 2013

My husband and I stayed here for our tenth anniversary. We just stayed for 2 nights and enjoyed it thoroughly.
The service was excellent, we had in room massages which were just great. One night we walked to the marina in Half Moon Bay - a good 1/2hr walk but worth it, if you want to try some other cuisines. The Miramar Hotel down the street had the best outdoor fire-pits and chicken wings though and was a short walk.
We loved that we could leave our window with fly screen open all night and hear the waves crashing. The small patio/balcony is just big enough to sit out on and have a cocktail or two. There was wine and cheese served in the afternoon/evening which was a pleasant touch and it was great to have a game of scrabble in the lounge area.
On the minus side I thought the décor could do with updating and though the floors are heated the lack of any rugs or carpeting give the hotel a very cold look. If this was improved they would have got a 5 star rating.

• Stayed June 2012, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (20)
Livermore, California, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 18, 2013

We have stayed here three times before so thought we'd try somewhere different in half moon bay....what a huge mistake! We were there for half an hour and walked out. Im not going to name names, but it was an old inn on Main Street... We got there a bit early but weren't allowed to check in, so had to wait...then were advised the TV wasn't working but we could watch a movie...on VHS!! We thought..ok we can handle that, I was going to use my ipad to watch TV.....Wrong! their wifi wasnt working properly, that was the last straw. My husband went down to tell the owner we were leaving and he copped an attitude.... I was so shaken and upset.... We drove to Landis on the off chance they had a vacancy....thank God they did.
It's so comfortable here, they make you feel welcome and have everything you need. The wifi works, they have flat screen tv and not VHS but DVD so we can go to redbox and rent a movie if we want... We didn't have that option at the last place!
I am now sitting on my balcony drinking a glass a good Merlot, listening to the ocean and watching the sunset, my shattered nerves calming down.
Lesson learned...... Should have booked here in the first place!

Room Tip: Ocean front rooms are the best and worth the extra $$
  • Stayed January 2013, traveled as a couple
Johnson City, Tennessee
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 11, 2012

I stayed ten days at Landis Shores. It exceeded my expectations in everyway. The owners, Ken & Ellen couldn't have been more accomodating. Roxanne & Brian, who frequently work the front desk were right there anytime I had a special request. Ken tailored my breakfast to my personal preferences. The room was immaculate, the bed was comfortable, and Ken even moved a different chair into my room so I could curl up and read. What I liked best was the view. I stayed in the Bordeaux room and my view was perfect. On the warm nights I slept with the window and balcony door open so I could hear the sound of the ocean. This was the best vacation I've ever taken. Oh, the eveninng wine was a nice addition as well.

Room Tip: I recommend the Bordeaux room because it's balcony is more private than the others.
  • Stayed November 2012, traveled solo
Sidney
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 26, 2012

Ellen, Ken and staff are top notch. Lovely breakfast fare, wine tastings and snacks all add to the value of this " oceanfront" property. Inn is structurally sound thus insuring a restful night.
Relax with a bottle of wine, crashing waves & fire.
The proximity to many attractions is also a plus. There's plenty of entertainment in the area to be sought out.

• Stayed October 2012
Walnut Creek, California
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 8, 2012

I kidnapped my husband for his 50th Bday and took him to Landis Shores. We stayed in the Bordeaux room and it didnt disappoint! I loved this place. Great ocean views, the staff was pleasant and courteous. The room was beautiful and clean. I'd definitely go there again. I would reserve for special occasions since the price is a little steep. My husband and I had a great time and I didnt want to leave. It was a great escape and worth every penny.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled as a couple
Redwood City, CA
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 26, 2012

I've stayed at Landis Shores six times. The waves are still as enchanting as the first time. The Inn is quiet and intimate and the beach walking is right outside. We sleep with the windows open and the floors warm (radiant heat). The hosts are discreet and welcoming. They accomodated my girlfriend's request for a simple breakfast of yogurt and blueberries. There are ample restaurants within walking distance and downtown HMB is only minutes away.

• Stayed July 2012, traveled as a couple
Reno, Nevada
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 9, 2012

My wife and I were celebrating our 25th wedding anniversary and decided on staying in this property. Our experience from check-in until breakfast (we just finished) have been OUTSTANDING!
The ocean front room was very clean and comfy. Though the weather was cloudy and windy while we stay, we spent some time in our private balcony and saw few whale as well as some dolphines not too far from the shore.
Ken and Ellen, the owners, are two of the nicest people we met! And their knowledge about wine are just unimaginable. (Ellen is a wine specialist)
Last, but not least, breakfast was really outstanding! Ken's egg puff was amazingly delicious.
We will definitely be back whenever we have a chance!
We love Half Moon Bay and Landis Shores!

Room Tip: All rooms are Ocean Front or at least partial and have private balcony; you cant go wrong choosing a...
  • Stayed July 2012, traveled as a couple