“Outstanding service, even better views” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Landis Shores - An Oceanfront Bed and Breakfast Inn

Save Saved
You added Landis Shores - An Oceanfront Bed and Breakfast Inn to your Saves list
Landis Shores - An Oceanfront Bed and Breakfast Inn
211 Mirada Road, Half Moon Bay, CA 94019   |
Johnson City, Tennessee
“Outstanding service, even better views”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 11, 2012

I stayed ten days at Landis Shores. It exceeded my expectations in everyway. The owners, Ken & Ellen couldn't have been more accomodating. Roxanne & Brian, who frequently work the front desk were right there anytime I had a special request. Ken tailored my breakfast to my personal preferences. The room was immaculate, the bed was comfortable, and Ken even moved a different chair into my room so I could curl up and read. What I liked best was the view. I stayed in the Bordeaux room and my view was perfect. On the warm nights I slept with the window and balcony door open so I could hear the sound of the ocean. This was the best vacation I've ever taken. Oh, the eveninng wine was a nice addition as well.

Room Tip: I recommend the Bordeaux room because it's balcony is more private than the others.
  • Stayed November 2012, traveled solo

64 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (10)
Sidney
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 26, 2012 via mobile

Ellen, Ken and staff are top notch. Lovely breakfast fare, wine tastings and snacks all add to the value of this " oceanfront" property. Inn is structurally sound thus insuring a restful night.
Relax with a bottle of wine, crashing waves & fire.
The proximity to many attractions is also a plus. There's plenty of entertainment in the area to be sought out.

• Stayed October 2012
Walnut Creek, California
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 8, 2012

I kidnapped my husband for his 50th Bday and took him to Landis Shores. We stayed in the Bordeaux room and it didnt disappoint! I loved this place. Great ocean views, the staff was pleasant and courteous. The room was beautiful and clean. I'd definitely go there again. I would reserve for special occasions since the price is a little steep. My husband and I had a great time and I didnt want to leave. It was a great escape and worth every penny.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled as a couple
Redwood City, CA
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 26, 2012

I've stayed at Landis Shores six times. The waves are still as enchanting as the first time. The Inn is quiet and intimate and the beach walking is right outside. We sleep with the windows open and the floors warm (radiant heat). The hosts are discreet and welcoming. They accomodated my girlfriend's request for a simple breakfast of yogurt and blueberries. There are ample restaurants within walking distance and downtown HMB is only minutes away.

• Stayed July 2012, traveled as a couple
Reno, Nevada
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 9, 2012

My wife and I were celebrating our 25th wedding anniversary and decided on staying in this property. Our experience from check-in until breakfast (we just finished) have been OUTSTANDING!
The ocean front room was very clean and comfy. Though the weather was cloudy and windy while we stay, we spent some time in our private balcony and saw few whale as well as some dolphines not too far from the shore.
Ken and Ellen, the owners, are two of the nicest people we met! And their knowledge about wine are just unimaginable. (Ellen is a wine specialist)
Last, but not least, breakfast was really outstanding! Ken's egg puff was amazingly delicious.
We will definitely be back whenever we have a chance!
We love Half Moon Bay and Landis Shores!

Room Tip: All rooms are Ocean Front or at least partial and have private balcony; you cant go wrong choosing a...
  • Stayed July 2012, traveled as a couple
ny
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 4, 2012

My husband and I drove straight from the San Francisco airport straight to the inn. We were warmly welcomed and shown to our room, which was lovely with a fireplace for the chilly coastal nights. The breakfasts were gourmet and delicious. The views are amazing, with the waves crashing on the rocks right across the quiet road in front of the the inn. Can't wait to return to celebrate another big birthday!

• Stayed August 2011, traveled as a couple
Bowie, Maryland, United States
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 26, 2012

My wife and I really enjoyed our stay at Landis Shores. It is a perfect couples only place to get away from everything. Great breakfast both mornings and we enjoyed waking up and standing out on our balcony, looking at the ocean. The moderate temps also made sitting outside in the evenings pleasurable. We loved sitting there, enjoying a bottle of wine. The room itself was just like in the pictures, albeit a bit smaller than expected. Heated tile floors is also a nice touch, even though we didn't need them. There was even a jetted jacuzzi tub in the bathroom. Landis Shores also has an afternoon happy hour with wine and appetizers. Highly recommend Landis Shores if you find yourself in the area.

Room Tip: While all rooms have an ocean view, choose one that directly faces the water.
  • Stayed June 2012, traveled as a couple

Been to Landis Shores - An Oceanfront Bed and Breakfast Inn? Share your experiences!