“A gorgeous place to enjoy the sunset!” 5 of 5 stars

Highway One, South of HIghway 84/La Honda Road, Half Moon Bay, CA
800-444-7275
Improve this listing
More attraction details
Owner description: Scenic beach located a short distance from Pescadero on the San Mateo County coast.
Delhi, California, United States
15 attraction reviews
“A gorgeous place to enjoy the sunset!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 16, 2014

It had been a while since my last visit to Pomponio State Beach, but it was more beautiful than I had remembered. The sand was supersaturated several yards in from the surf, and reflected the sunset and silhouettes of my children playing - let's just say, amazing photo ops. The tall, sandstone cliffs and misty horizon provided a picturesque afternoon at the beach. Highly recommend if you're near half moon bay.

Visited January 2014

115 attraction reviews
“great nature”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 20, 2013

good spot to stop for sure if you like nature

its not southern California but a great scenic spot to visit plan a few hours and take photos

Visited May 2013
Healdsburg, California
5 attraction reviews
“Great beach”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 3, 2013

Great beach to take your dog but it gets crowded, especially over a holiday weekend so I recommend going in the morning. The pay to park is confusing; I ended up paying $10 for the entire day when we only wanted to pay for 2 hours! You still have idiots who just let their dogs run around and run up to anyone and their dogs. Why people think this is OK is beyond me! There are a ton of dogs so if you don't like dogs, drive south a few miles to the beaches that do not allow pets.

Visited September 2013
Nashville, Tennessee
6 attraction reviews
“The perfect end to our PCH trip”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 9, 2013

We had been traveling the PCH for a week. We ended at Pomponio State Beach. We walked the beach for at least a couple of hours (going both south and north). At one point I told my husband I have just run out of words to describe this and all that we have seen. As we thought we were taking a last look, whales showed up and we stayed at least another half hour watching them play and swim north.

Visited May 2013
Colorado Springs, Colorado, United States
39 attraction reviews
“Beautiful Roadside Stop”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 7, 2012

I was driving two of my granddaughters to Half Moon Bay, after visiting San Mateo County Memorial Park. We saw the sign for Pomponio State Beach and decided to stop for a while. My two granddaughters spent over an hour alternately wading in and fleeing from the surf while I strolled along the beach admiring the view. We watched surfers off-shore and some egrets beside a large tidal pool. Our visit was a relaxing break from the drive and worth the admission fee.

Visited August 2011