“Great find!” 4 of 5 stars

+1 650-726-7699
Improve this listing
Certificate of Excellence 2014
Cuisines: Mexican, Central American
Dining options: Breakfast, Dinner, Dessert, Lunch, Accepts Mastercard, Accepts Visa, Highchairs Available, Parking Available, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Street Parking, Takeout, Television, Waitstaff, Wine and Beer
Description: Established in 2001 Cafe Capistrano is a family owned restaurant specializing in Mayan cuisine. Using the freshest local fish, meats and produce infused with Mayan flavors results in light, savory combinations.Chef and owner Arturo Mul reigns from the Yucatan peninsula in Mexico. When opening his restaurant, he wanted to introduce the flavors and food from his home town, Akil. Mul brought in family recipes to help create the menu and special items. Mayan cooking shows influences from Mediterranean Europe, the Middle East, and the rest of Mexico as well as North and South America.
Nashville, Tennessee
“Great find!”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 6, 2013 via mobile

Tried this based on reviews in Trip Advisor and it was worth it. Chips and salsa were very good and my husband and I both had veggie tacos. It's a very unpretentious little place in an old house off of the Main Street in Half Moon Bay. The owner served us and was very friendly and seemed appreciative we were there. It was the 4th of July and due to low traffic for dinner they were closing early but he did not make us feel rushed to leave. Good prices....one of the least expensive meals we had this week but food was excellent. We'll come back!

Visited July 2013

Colorado Springs, CO
“Magnificient Mayan!”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 19, 2013

We traveled 3000 miles this past vacation and this is one of the top three restaurants that we ate at. The food was so fresh that I told my family that it tasted like the shrimp swam onto my plate. We had five in our party and everyone loved their food from vegetarian dishes, to seafood to pulled pork. The staff couldn't have been friendlier. My only regret is living so far from this wonderful restaurant!

• Visited June 2013
    • 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
Mountain View, California
“Breakfast!!!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 9, 2013

We enjoyed Sunday breakfast at Cafe Capistrano...Yum!
I had huevos rancheros and my bf had the breakfast burrito. We both cleaned our plates. The coffee was great the and the service was excellent.

My only regret is that I didn't have room for dessert. I am going back.

• Visited June 2013
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
Bay Area, California
“Great Mayan Food”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 3, 2013

Casual and unique offerings from the Yucatan peninsula in this simple restaurant a block off Main Street.

Visited February 2013
HMB
“Great value !!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 2, 2013

The restaurant owner and staff are warm and welcoming. The food is fresh and tasty. The many pictures of the Yucatan add interest to the restaurant. In addition, it is quiet and uncrowded which makes it easy to have a relaxed conversation.

• Visited May 2013