For the $350 price tag, I expected this hotel to be beyond compare, especially considering the otherwise low prices in Half Moon Bay, and I was very disappointed. The hotel was absolutely packed with people milling about, and even the golf course was full of tourists chatting with us as we sat on our patio to take in the view. I've stayed at many fabulous hotels and don't mind paying for it, but this is not one of them.
Further, the restaurant was an atrocity. Overpriced and so underwhelming we nearly considered going into town to supplement our meal. We brought a tiramisu cake for a friend's birthday since the hotel could not provide us with one, and they charged us $30 just to open the box. It wasn't a wedding, it was just dinner. The entire meal was over $700 and we were still starving!
Next time, i'd make the drive to San Francisco if I wanted top-notch!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Ritz-Carlton, Half Moon Bay, an elite golf and spa resort hotel. With two distinct guest room experiences from the guest houses to our main building, the hotel combines the beauty of the Northern California coast with the history of old Scotland. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Hotels.com, Marriott, Orbitz, Priceline, Travelocity, TripOnline SA, Odigeo and Tingo so you can book your The Ritz-Carlton, Half Moon Bay reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- The Ritz Carlton Half Moon Bay Hotel Half Moon Bay
- Ritz Carlton Half Moon Bay
- Ritz Half Moon Bay
- Half Moon Bay Ritz Carlton