My wife, 4 yr old daughter, and I stayed here using Marriott points for 3 nights the wknd before Thanksgiving. We were upgraded to a 1st floor room with an excellent view of the Pacific with a very nice fireplace pit. We also chose to pay the $150 per night for access to the club lounge which offers 4 "tastings" per day and 3 opens of open bar.
1) Wonderful view
2) Good staff
3) Good room service dinner
4) Good overall experience with club lounge. Better than expected food but wished lounge was not quite as crowded.
5) Firepit outside room was very nice at night
1) Room was just OK. We're picky but didn't consider out room to be top-notch.
2) Pool was shared with a condo community and pretty poor. Felt like germs were in the air.
3) If Ritz want's to be truly 5 stars, it needs to feel like the Cloister or Inn at Little Washington. This didn't feel that way.
So in short, we will likely go back using points but not paying the list place of $459 for our room per night.