My wife, 4 yr old daughter, and I stayed here using Marriott points for 3 nights the wknd before Thanksgiving. We were upgraded to a 1st floor room with an excellent view of the Pacific with a very nice fireplace pit. We also chose to pay the $150 per night for access to the club lounge which offers 4 "tastings" per day and 3 opens of open bar.
1) Wonderful view
2) Good staff
3) Good room service dinner
4) Good overall experience with club lounge. Better than expected food but wished lounge was not quite as crowded.
5) Firepit outside room was very nice at night
1) Room was just OK. We're picky but didn't consider out room to be top-notch.
2) Pool was shared with a condo community and pretty poor. Felt like germs were in the air.
3) If Ritz want's to be truly 5 stars, it needs to feel like the Cloister or Inn at Little Washington. This didn't feel that way.
So in short, we will likely go back using points but not paying the list place of $459 for our room per night.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Ritz-Carlton, Half Moon Bay, an elite golf and spa resort hotel. With two distinct guest room experiences from the guest houses to our main building, the hotel combines the beauty of the Northern California coast with the history of old Scotland. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, Booking.com, Expedia, Travelocity, Priceline, Despegar.com, Odigeo, TripOnline SA, Marriott and Tingo so you can book your The Ritz-Carlton, Half Moon Bay reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- The Ritz Carlton Half Moon Bay Hotel Half Moon Bay
- Ritz Carlton Half Moon Bay
- Ritz Half Moon Bay
- Half Moon Bay Ritz Carlton