Excellent resort and hotel.
It is expensive, you definitely get what you pay for.
The staff can make every reasonable request happen. Pet friendly.
Everything. Beautiful views, comfortable swanky hotel. Wines - incredible, of course.
25-30 minute ride from San Francisco depending on traffic.
Food - was good, but not fantastic. Excellent presentation and plating. Seemed a little bland. Califonia "healthy living"influence? Enjoyed cheaper, tastier food in the town of Half Moon Bay.
Came here for golf. Even if you are not a golfer this is a great place.
And the town of Half Moon bay is quaint, easy to navigate and interesting.
What a beautiful course(s).
Strange thing- no driving range to warm up on.
Greens- the most difficult ones you will putt on. They do not hold the ball. A mid iron shot must be played short with the strategy to run up. Even a pitching wedge will run. Plan to use your gap, sand or lob wedges for a high shot that drops straight down if you plan to go flag hunting.
The Ocean Course in a thing of beauty. It is for giving allowing you to recover errant shots without too much penalty.
The Old Course is more challenging. Here you need to bring your A game.
Green fees are $180+ particularly on weekends.
Food at Mullins was just OK and service can be slow. Cart girls were invisible. Apparently for such a swanky expensive course, they only hire 2 or 3 cart ladies.
The hotel staff is fantastic and accomodating. I asked one of the housekeeping staff if they liked working here and the answer was, "It is like family here". And it shows.
Don't over think the decision to stay here. You will not be disappointed.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Ritz-Carlton, Half Moon Bay, an elite golf and spa resort hotel. With two distinct guest room experiences from the guest houses to our main building, the hotel combines the beauty of the Northern California coast with the history of old Scotland. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Marriott, TripOnline SA, Orbitz, Hotels.com, Priceline, Odigeo and Jetsetter so you can book your The Ritz-Carlton, Half Moon Bay reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- The Ritz Carlton Half Moon Bay Hotel Half Moon Bay
- Ritz Carlton Half Moon Bay
- Ritz Half Moon Bay
- Half Moon Bay Ritz Carlton