My husband and I stayed here on the first night of our honeymoon since we were married in Wine Country and had a night in the Bay Area before flying out on a Monday morning. We were pleasantly surprised with the fact that it was not actually too bad of a drive to the airport! We did not have any trouble finding it with our GPS.
We were hesitant to stay here given some of the reviews on TripAdvisor about the quality of the staff and the experience, but I have to say, in terms of service, this hotel really got it right. All (and I truly mean ALL) of the staff we encountered, from the valet to the front desk staff to the room service, were polite, polished and went out their way to make sure you enjoyed your stay. We stayed in a ground floor, firepit room (complimentary upgrade) and found it to be quiet, spacious and well-appointed. The beds were heavenly, the bathrooms are gigantic and exceptionally clean and I honestly did not want to get out of that amazing shower. They also have a great bagpiper play in the evenings as the sun sets, which is a neat experience.
Knowing I was going to write this review, I really tried to find something wrong with this hotel, but I found nothing. To top it off, this hotel has absolutely incredible views and a great walking path (but bring your jacket because it is very chilly near the ocean!). This may have been the most relaxing day and night of our entire honeymoon. As a side note, we were staying on points, and they honored our Marriott Platinum Rewards status (without even asking), which we were not sure they would do, including complimentary internet.
The valet parking is expensive ($45), but we were given a resort credit that covered it. Also, this is a large hotel and is fairly busy, but they still manage to make it feel personal and upscale. I would love to stay here again, and hope to do so again in the near future.
- Also Known As:
- The Ritz Carlton Half Moon Bay Hotel Half Moon Bay
- The Ritz Carlton Half Moon Bay Hotel
- Ritz Carlton Half Moon Bay
- Ritz Half Moon Bay
- Ritz-Carlton Half Moon Bay
- Half Moon Bay Ritz-Carlton
- Half Moon Bay Ritz
- Half Moon Bay Ritz Carlton
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Ritz-Carlton, Half Moon Bay, an elite golf and spa resort hotel. With two distinct guest room experiences from the guest houses to our main building, the hotel combines the beauty of the Northern California coast with the history of old Scotland. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Booking.com, Priceline, Amex, Travelocity, Olotels, getaroom.com, Hotels.com and Tingo so you can book your The Ritz Carlton Half Moon Bay reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.