I stayed at the Ritz Carlton on Memorial Day Weekend. You would think staying at a hotel mid week would be more relaxing as there would not be a big crowd.
The positives: Great views, ambiance, and location. I cannot complain about the cleanliness of the room, as I found it to be just fine. I would agree that the rooms featuring fire pits are awfully close to the pedestrian sidewalks and are rather intrusive.
The ENO wine bar is fantastic! The staff is great! Of course, maybe that's because I am a sommelier, and they treated meas fellow professional.
The negatives: I would have to agree other reviewers!
1. My problems began at check in with a screw up in my reservation. The Front Desk staff failed to resolve it right then and there. 24 hours later the reservation had allegedly been resolved with a manager's intervention (nothing could be further from the truth). My final bill came at check out with all the unresolved issues being reflected in the bill as added costs. They were eventually taken off, but this experience affected my overall perceptions of the hotel and my experience.
2. I find that the hotel staff for the most part are friendly, however the critical staff (i.e. front desk, restaurant, and bar) have an attitude of "I cannot be bothered". I found the restaurant staff in the Conservatory to have a patronizing attitude.
3. As previous reviewers have stated, I also found that the hotel does tend to nickel and dime the guest for every cost. For example a $25 resort fee ( amongst many other hidden room costs) added to your room cost.
4. Lastly I did in fact report my concerns to a manager after I had returned home. I was promised a call back from the G.M., and I am still waiting. Again, another example of what I refer to as the prevailing hotel "cannot be bothered" attitide.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Ritz-Carlton, Half Moon Bay, an elite golf and spa resort hotel. With two distinct guest room experiences from the guest houses to our main building, the hotel combines the beauty of the Northern California coast with the history of old Scotland. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Marriott, TripOnline SA, Orbitz, Hotels.com, Priceline, Odigeo and Jetsetter so you can book your The Ritz-Carlton, Half Moon Bay reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- The Ritz Carlton Half Moon Bay Hotel Half Moon Bay
- Ritz Carlton Half Moon Bay
- Ritz Half Moon Bay
- Half Moon Bay Ritz Carlton