Came here for a company getaway and was more than satisfied with the property and the service! The first thing anyone will notice is the beautiful location. Situated on the cliffs above the ocean in Half Moon Bay, the view from all parts of the property and the golf course are breathtaking.
When you first check in, the staff is very connected, from the security booth, valets, to the front desk, so everyone greets you as if they know who you are. The valet/bell staff were more than helpful with providing a great level of service, sending some bags to the event space where we had a company dinner, and helping unload the car of some heavy items. Checking in was a breeze - our room was available immediately and beautiful. While we didn't have an ocean view, we did have a great view of the golf course, and loved the details in the room, from the french-style doors in the bathroom, to the wonderful sitting area by the window for lounging around.
During the day, we took a segway tour - which was super fun! I have always wanted to ride a segway, and learning to do it, and riding along the coastline was a great experience! Easy to do, the guides were great instructors, and I would definitely do it again.
The food was the only semi-disappointment. At the event, we had several options, and had a fish and a beef dish. The fish was a bit overdone, and the server asked how people would like their beef prepared...but it was a braised shortrib! Strange question to ask for that particular dish. Besides that, everything was great and we walked away full, and satisfied.
When returning to the room, the turn-down service has been done, and the television had been tuned to a station that showed a burning fireplace - very nice touch. The lights were dimmed and it felt very relaxing and soothing to relax. Sleep was wonderful - the bed was one of the most comfortable I've ever slept in, and checking out was a breeze. Would I return? Yes! There were even some celebrity sightings while we were there! Great location, great amenities, and great staff!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Ritz-Carlton, Half Moon Bay, an elite golf and spa resort hotel. With two distinct guest room experiences from the guest houses to our main building, the hotel combines the beauty of the Northern California coast with the history of old Scotland. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, Orbitz, Expedia, Booking.com, Travelocity, Tingo, HotelsClick, BookingOdigeoWL, Venere, Otel and Agoda so you can book your The Ritz-Carlton, Half Moon Bay reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- The Ritz Carlton Half Moon Bay Hotel Half Moon Bay
- Ritz Carlton Half Moon Bay
- Ritz Half Moon Bay
- Half Moon Bay Ritz Carlton