My wife and I stayed here for her birthday. We flew into San Francisco from our land-locked state and drove down to Half Moon Bay to the hotel. The drive to the hotel does not prepare you for the views from the other side of this luxury hotel. We checked in and received a complimentary glass of wine from a visiting winery (a good way to start your stay!). We put the bags in our room, which faced the front of the hotel. We walked out back and saw the surf pounding against the rocks along the coast. The view was hypnotic. There was an open courtyard and two outdoor gas fire pits surrounded by chairs and blankets to keep you warm. There was an outdoor gazebo that featured chocolate concoctions at night. There was a beautiful golf course that surrounds the hotel. The 18th hole ends not far from the courtyard. Once when we walked back to the hotel, we noticed an errant golf ball in the middle of the courtyard and some amazed (stunned?) hotel guests (the ball was hit over their heads). I guess you do have to pay a little attention to the golfers. We went for a walk on the coastal access path and went down to a nearby beach. We could feel an ancestral tug to walk by the ocean and listen to the waves pounding against the shore.
When we arrived back at our room, we saw a birthday cake and a bottle of wine that the hotel had delivered. My wife was flattered and surprised. It was a nice touch by the Ritz-Carlton. We dined at the Navio Restaurant that night and had a good dinner. My wife was captivated by the sea salt that she saw in a glass case as we walked to the restaurant (we bought some before we left). We did not take advantage of the spa or the pool (a short hike, or golf cart ride, from the main hotel). This was my first stay at a Ritz-Carlton. It was a splurge for a special occasion.
- Also Known As:
- The Ritz Carlton Half Moon Bay Hotel Half Moon Bay
- The Ritz Carlton Half Moon Bay Hotel
- Ritz Carlton Half Moon Bay
- Ritz Half Moon Bay
- Ritz-Carlton Half Moon Bay
- Half Moon Bay Ritz-Carlton
- Half Moon Bay Ritz
- Half Moon Bay Ritz Carlton
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Ritz-Carlton, Half Moon Bay, an elite golf and spa resort hotel. With two distinct guest room experiences from the guest houses to our main building, the hotel combines the beauty of the Northern California coast with the history of old Scotland. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Tingo, HotelsClick, getaroom.com, Priceline, Hotels.com, Venere and Agoda so you can book your The Ritz Carlton Half Moon Bay reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.