My husband and I stayed at the Ritz-Carlton in Half Moon Bay to celebrate our 14th wedding anniversary this month (October). We were absolutely amazed from the moment we drove up to the hotel! We are used to 5 start hotels and luxury travel, but the Ritz went above and beyond that! We have never experienced such top notch customer service - we truly felt like VIP customers the entire time. The location is breath taking with the hotel sitting on the cliff overlooking the crashing waves.
After a long drive in stuck in bumper to bumper traffic on Highway 92, we were a bit frustrated. However, at check-in we were immediately put at ease. They honestly empathized, gave us a full glass of wine each while we were being checked-in and walked us around the hotel property while we waited for our oceanfront room. When our room was ready, we were called on our cell phone and the bags had already been delivered to the room. The hotel surprised us by delivering complimentary strawberries dipped in chocolate and a personalized anniversary card. That was a very nice touch.
As part of our stay, the spa is complimentary. Not only is it better than spas at luxury hotels such as the Four Seasons, the service was unbelievable. The check-in person was very nice and she provided us with a tour of the spa. There is a co-ed jacuzzi spa room (gorgeous and huge) along with his and hers areas, which includes another jacuzzi, steam room, dry sauna, quiet room fully stocked with snacks, teas, fruit, reading material and fireplace. We were having such a good time, we wanted to stay longer and change our dinner reservations by 1 hour so I asked the spa check-in person for a house phone. Without hesitation, she kindly offered to call the restaurant to request the change and she would notify me in the spa. Within 5 minutes, she came in and told me the dinner reservations had all been changed with a smile on her face.
We went to Navio for dinner, located inside the hotel. We were not sure where it was in the hotel so we asked the bell man who was standing next to the check-in desk. With a smile on his face, he walked us to the restaurant to make sure we could find it. The food was wonderful. We are normally low cal eaters, but decided to try the pork belly appetizer. This was to die for. The pork was so tender that it melted in our mouths. The local halibut was extremely fresh, steak cooked to perfection, and it came with the perfect amount of small side bites on each dish. The somellier was extremely knowledgeable, enthusiastic and energetic.
Upon returning to our room, our bed was covered with beautiful roses and the TV was placed on a fireplace channel. The bedding is luxurious and soft. Complimentary slippers and robes are provided. The bathroom decor is lovely with marble and a separate toilet room.
We will certainly return to celebrate another anniversary or birthday. We are frequent luxury travelers and the service at the Ritz Carlton - Half Moon Bay was the best we have ever experienced in our lives.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Ritz-Carlton, Half Moon Bay, an elite golf and spa resort hotel. With two distinct guest room experiences from the guest houses to our main building, the hotel combines the beauty of the Northern California coast with the history of old Scotland. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Priceline, Hotels.com, Marriott, Orbitz, Expedia, Odigeo, TripOnline SA and Tingo so you can book your The Ritz-Carlton, Half Moon Bay reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- The Ritz Carlton Half Moon Bay Hotel Half Moon Bay
- Ritz Carlton Half Moon Bay
- Ritz Half Moon Bay
- Half Moon Bay Ritz Carlton