“very nice place” 5 of 5 stars

Dining options: Reservations
Casa Grande, Arizona
“very nice place”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 9, 2012

we stopped on way to san fran, what a wonderful restuarant, very nice staff, had a light light breakfast,fruit cup, bagel, coffee. i noticed other people's food, everything looked so good.next time thru we are stopping by joe's, and find a place to stay in half moon bay, so nice, very scenic location.

• Visited July 2012
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food

Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania
“You HAVE to go for dessert!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 24, 2012

We didn't think there was much choice for dinner in Half Moon Bay, and decided on visiting Joe's because we passed it on our way to the beach. My colleagues and I are so glad we did. From the outside, the place isn't much to look at, and you might say that it could use some interior updating as well, but it was neat, clean, and cozy. It's a diner, not a five-star restaurant. That said, they had a nice wine list, and a menu with a lot of variety. One of my coworkers ordered the lasagna and said it was delicious. The other ordered steak with ravioli and gave it rave reviews as well. I ordered Honey Fried Chicken with mashed potatoes and gravy. I got five pieces of chicken, and a generous portion of potatoes to go with it.....and a salad. I have a pretty big appetite, and I was starving when we got there....I did manage to eat most of the chicken, but I barely put a dent in the mashed potatoes, mostly because I was saving room for dessert. So I ordered the Tiramisu.....and our waiter, also an owner, brought me a HUGE piece. I don't think I ate half of it before I asked for a box and nibbled on it for the next two days. Warm and friendly service and atmosphere....check it out if you're looking for comfort food.

Visited May 2012
Glendora, California
“Best clam chowder I had”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 3, 2012

I cannot forget the savory meal and the great views while waiting for the table. It is usually packed but it's worth the wait.

Visited April 2012
Martinez, California
“Please call before going”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed April 16, 2012

We were staying next door and popped over for a bite to eat only to find that the restaurant was completely closed for a private event. Please check in advance before arriving, they may be closed.

Visited April 2012
Half Moon Bay, California
“Old Style Coffee Shop”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed January 30, 2012

This is pretty much a basic, no frills restaurant. We come often for breakfast - simple and generous. They propose a 4 egg omelet, but you can ask for a 2 egg omelet and they'll adjust accordingly. One of the few places you can still get Canadian bacon in addition to the standard breakfast meats.