“Post wedding bliss” 5 of 5 stars
Review of The Inn at Mavericks

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Half Moon Bay
The Inn at Mavericks
You added The Inn at Mavericks to your Saves list
346 Princeton Ave., Half Moon Bay, CA 94019   |
Hotel virtual tour
Ranked #2 of 11 Half Moon Bay B&B and Inns
Santa Cruz, California, United States
“Post wedding bliss”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 3, 2014

My new wife and I stayed with the inn at Mavericks after getting married last August. I am a complete hotel snob, always scouring reviews for reasons to NOT book a specific hotel. One of my biggest criteria is the bathroom at a given property. I find that it's a good way to judge the level of care taken in designing an overall experience. In this way the inn at Mavericks did not disappoint, with a large jetted tub and a modern and beachy decor it was what I would look for in a 5 star hotel. The room itself was awesome, with a balcony overlooking the harbor and the great Pacific Ocean. The fireplace was a wonderful treat, allowing us to leave the sliding glass door open all night in order to enjoy the breezy night air. The bed was as comfortable as can be and the room was very clean and spacious. Being that the property is small, it was very quiet and even though they were full that night we never bumped in to another guest. Overall one of the best experiences I've had. Worth every penny.

• Stayed August 2014, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (31)
Hayward, California, USA
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 28, 2014

I took my Fiance to Mavericks for her Birthday. It was well worth it for the view, location, staff and amenities. Our package included a bottle of wine and a gift card for the brewery. I want for nothing when I'm there and really appreciate the feeling of seclusion you get while staying there. The guests are respectful and you really get a chance for some quiet time and relaxation. I've only been twice (first time about a year ago) but I have enjoyed both stays. There was some construction going on, but less airplane activity, and we didn't mind the ambient noise and find the light house horn quaint! One of the best stays at what for me is a local trip.

Room Tip: The rooms at the west end are a little bigger. Only 6 rooms. Pet friendly rooms are on the first fl...
Grass Valley, California, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 26, 2014

We really enjoyed our stay at the Inn. Our room was very spacious, beautiful, and comfortable. The fireplace gave a cozy feeling and warmed the room well. I'm so glad we opted for an upstairs room. We loved the view. We made great use of the binoculars - good thing we brought our own or we would have been struggling to share!
We were blessed with excellent weather and were able to walk a lot. We also spent part of one evening outside at the fire pit. The sounds of the sea and the foghorn were a delightful addition. We made good use of all of the Inn's available amenities.
Local restaurants were excellent. We especially loved our meal at Meza Luna - delizioso!!!
The time we spent in our room was so relaxing - much of it spent on the balcony enjoying the sights and sounds of birds, boats, and occasional seals. I must mention that we also loved the fog horn! It was a regular reminder of where we were and we missed it when we left. :)
We would surely enjoy another stay at The Inn at Mavericks!
Vicky & Tino DeLaVega

• Stayed September 2014, traveled as a couple
Salinas
3 of 5 stars Reviewed October 26, 2014

I really wanted to like this place. Everything about this place is perfect. The one thing that they can't change which is why I can't go back is the beacon sound. For someone who loves listening to the ocean sounds outside my room at night, the "booooop' sound every 10 seconds 24 hours a day just makes it impossible to do so. Even resting in the room, you can't get away from it. However, for anyone else who doesn't need that ocean sound, the place is perfect. They have ear plugs at the bed side for you to drown out all sounds. The staff may not be there 24 hours, but that doesn't matter because the detailed instructions on everything makes it great. The binoculars, the basket of goodies, the gift certificate to the HMB brewing company, the coffee maker, the TV and the instructions in case there are issues, the little envelope with your key and the instructions that come with that, all are just so awesome. The location near the harbor makes it a quiet little get away that we just needed so much (except for the hooting and hollering of the wedding next door at the Mavericks event center, and the BOOOP). The outdoor fireplace that you can use and the instructions that come with that is just so awesome. The fact that it's only 6 rooms makes it feel a little homey and not too many people coming and going. This is really a great place, I just unfortunately won't come back here.

Room Tip: If you have a dog, pick a bottom floor, as the stairs have gaps in between. Pick upstairs if you wa...
Oakley, California
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 15, 2014

This is the greatest pet-friendly hotel I've ever stayed in. There are only six rooms at this hotel, three on the first floor and three on the second floor, all facing the ocean. The three 1st floor rooms have a small fenced yard that my pup and I really enjoyed. The rooms are 1st class and I love the community, lots of places to walk around and play!

• Stayed October 2014, traveled with friends
Vacaville, California, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 15, 2014

Just love staying there and you can bring your dog. It is very quiet and within walking distance of beachs, the harbor and places to eat. The rooms are spacious with great patios especially on the ground floor rooms

new jersey
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 12, 2014

We've been traveling around California for 5 days and this is exactly the kind of place we've been looking for. It seems obvious that the owner (or manager) actually goes into these rooms and says, "What would I want in here if I were a guest?". It is immaculately clean, beautifully appointed, great staff, and I could go on and on but right now all I want to do is sit here on our balcony and gaze out at this wonderful view of the harbor. Wish we lived closer to return often.

Room Tip: I believe that all the rooms have a beautiful view so you really can't go wrong.
  • Stayed September 2014, traveled as a couple

Been to The Inn at Mavericks? Share your experiences!