“Nice atmosphere, good food and service I will go back.” 4 of 5 stars

Website
Menu
Improve this listing
Reserve with OpenTable
It's Italia is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Certificate of Excellence 2014
Cuisines: Italian
Dining options: Breakfast, Lunch, Late Night, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Cross street: Mill Street
Transit: Samtrans bus stop is located one block away from It's Italia, on the corner of Main and Kelly Streets, right in front of our City Hall.
Description: It's Italia opened in 1997 as a San Francisco style trattoria and pizzeria serving gourmet pizzas, house pastas, and creative salads, always with a California Italian flavor, and a wine list of 10-12 varietals. Ten years later, our menu has expanded to include steak and seafood grilled specialties, artful antipasti, and a decadent array of housemade desserts from our pastry chef. Over 120 bottles line up on our wine list from Italy, California, France, Spain, Australia, and New Zealand. As always, we have remained faithful to a local coastal California Italian cuisine, with its cosmopolitan nature, bringing produce and cheeses from local farms, meats and poultry from quality and organic growers, and seafood from a variety of waters. Most importantly, we are a little local community restaurant that serves locals. Lots of locals! Our advertising is mostly word of mouth. Our energy is inviting, positive, and friendly, and when you come in, you are invited to be part of our family.
Mountain View, California
“Nice atmosphere, good food and service I will go back.”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 1, 2012

I came here on New Years Eve with my BF, for the first seating. He really enjoyed his pasta with seafood, I had the butternut squash ravioli. We started with the pear salad, which was okay...the pears seemed not quite ripe to me. Nothing to rave about it is a pretty standard salad these days.

They have a beet salad I will try next time. I thought the ravioli was really good, my BF tried it and really liked it as well. We also shared the chocolate mousse dessert which was fine, again nothing to rave about but good.
The service was better than many coastal restaurants which tend to have very casual service. I like a well paced meal with just the right amount of attention from the server, and they got it right here. I will go back and I am sure my BF will want to go back too. Next time I will try the flower market pizza which looked really good...

• Visited January 2012
    • 3 of 5 stars Food

Half Moon Bay, California
“Good food, but lousy service”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed December 30, 2011

Ok, there aren't a ton of great dining options in HMB, so this place has decent food, but the service is really disappointing! Firstly - you can't order large pizzas during lunch according to the staff & menu, so we had to order a small and medium one instead. During our meal, we had three different wait staff for our table (I guess they all had different roles, it wasn't clear), even so it took me three times of asking to get my water refilled and we never got the second plate filled with oil & vinegar for the table to go with the bread. It took them over half an hour to process the bill and the place wasn't even busy. It kind of felt like we ignored by the wait staff during our entire meal. We won't go back, there's better Italian food & pizza (at a lower cost) in the area that don't have service issues.

• Visited December 2011
    • 3 of 5 stars Food
Half Moon Bay, California
“A fabulous way to celebrate with friends...”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 29, 2011

Its Italia has never disappointed. They serve high quality food for reasonable and worthwhile prices. Always enjoy their servers and the warm atmosphere in the restaurant. A hgihlight was the jazz music playing while we ate. Everything was exceptional--all four of us enjoyed our selections and cannot wait to return again.

• Visited December 2011
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
Great Gransden Cambs
“Our first port of call”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 17, 2011

We always stay in Half Moon Bay when we fly into SF from London - tired after our long flight we head down the High Street for It's Italia for our first holiday meal and we are never disappointed. Good salads and main courses - friendly atmosphere and helpful staff. Then back to our hotel for a great night's sleep. See you next time!

• Visited October 2011
    • 4 of 5 stars Food
Sacramento, California
“Very nice”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 18, 2011

Very nice all the way around. Food was all good, lobster raviolis supper yummy. Brought a 1989 bottle of SilverOak Cab. Turned out it had gone bad and they did not charge for corkage. All employees seemed very glad to be doing there job, which seems to be the case less and less these days.

• Visited November 2011