“Oddly Enjoyable II” 4 of 5 stars
Review of San Benito House

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Half Moon Bay
San Benito House
356 Main St., Half Moon Bay, CA 94019   |
Ranked #9 of 11 Half Moon Bay B&B and Inns
San Francisco
“Oddly Enjoyable II”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 11, 2011

I'm hijacking another reviewers title , because I completely agree. It was not your usual hotel stay, but it was fun. We, too, have been to HMB often, but live too close and never stayed over night. I wish I would have known about the Groupon, but our price was reasonable at $129 a night.f we shared a bath it would have been $99. I also had heard about the noise from the bar. We were in room 7 and heard it, but had no trouble ignoring it. The pub was always busy. The Deli, too. You check in at the bar and up a long staircase to the rooms, past a lot of history on the walls. The room took you back to a turn of the century boarding house.There was no TV and a tub, no shower. Very clean and comfortable beds. Parking was awkward, but no big deal. If you want a mini-fridge and a plasma TV, this is not for you. But we had a good time, and the San Benito was the kind of place where you could. Nice breakfast.They had a bit of trouble keeping it stocked and the coffee full. If I had anything to suggest, it would be to put a couple decent chairs in the room. One little wooden chair wasn't enough.

Room Tip: Ask for a quieter room 4, 5, 6. If they say they do not allow dogs, call back, and the next person...
  • Stayed November 2011, traveled as a couple

43 people have reviewed this hotel

Solo
Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (11)
San Francisco, California
3 of 5 stars Reviewed November 9, 2011

We recently drove the 35 miles from San Fancisco to Half Moon Bay to celebrate our 45th anniversary. We go there often for lunch but decided to "hang out" at leisure for 2 nights. We had a 2-for Groupon for the San Benito House, and we'd read quite a few local reviews about its lively/noisy activity on weekends. This is true, but they do furnish earplugs and being prepared for it, worked out just fine.They don't have TV, so if you go and don't partake of the nightlife, bring reading material.

The rooms are small, clean, and basically furnished in period style (Victorian), and the en suite bath had all the necessaries...a tub with hand-held shower, plenty of hot water, nice white towels and a very comfortable bed. The staff in the Saloon are terrific. Pleasant, attentive and add to the ambiance of the experience. The food is very good pub-style food, reasonably priced. Their Deli has superb sandwiches...there have been many reviews about them.

We thoroughly enjoyed this stay. Though simple and quite inexpensive, it helped up to enjoy our special occasion.

Room Tip: Ask for rooms 4, 5, 6. Furthest away from the night life downstairs.
  • Stayed November 2011, traveled as a couple
San Diego, California
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 28, 2011

My wife and I are separated, and I wanted to take my teenagers somewhere special for the few weeks in summer that I had custody of them. I settled on getting us all some rooms at San Benito House. I was initially worried about how kids would like a place like Half Moon Bay but they had a blast hanging out at the beach and relaxing at the Inn.

• Stayed May 2011, traveled with family
Issaquah, Washington
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 12, 2011

My husband and I stayed here while attending a wedding at the golf course nearby. It was charming, the bar/restaurant downstairs was nice, and they were pretty chill about letting us check in early to shower before the wedding. I would totally stay here again.

• Stayed June 2011, traveled as a couple
Los Angeles, California
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 24, 2011

My family has taken vacations to half-moon bay several times over the years. This was the first time that we had gone without the kids, so we were looking for smaller and finer accommodations. We chose the San Benito House in Half Moon Bay with no regrets. It was everything that we were looking for and more.

• Stayed March 2011, traveled with family
San Diego, California
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 5, 2011

San Benito House Inn at Half Moon Bay is such a lovely place for a wedding. I got to choose the location for the ceremony, and that’s where I’ve wanted it since I went there on vacation as a little girl. The ceremony went beautifully and everyone was gushing about how lovely the venue was.

Room Tip: Really clean and cozy.
  • Stayed April 2011, traveled with family
charlottesville
2 of 5 stars Reviewed July 17, 2010

There was a lot of noise from downstairs until around 2:30AM and then at 6 a radio went on LOUD in the kitchen. We did eventually get an apology and refund from the place. It was cute and quaint and we were excited when we checked in, but we couldn't sleep.

• Stayed June 2010, traveled as a couple

Been to San Benito House? Share your experiences!