This place could be incredible if they'd just update a few of the rooms.
Generally, I would still recommend this place, but book a room in the upstairs rooms to avoid passers-by looking into your bedroom.
The traffic that other reviews complained about is really minimal. If you stay in the main building, the road dead-ends about 30meters (sorry metrics, we're european :) to your left and the T-Junction to your right really only carries local residential traffic. Very safe to walk at all hours, but barely any traffic at night.
Book during the week or during low season, then the rooms are value priced. The various inn keepers I've met on my 3 stays during the past 2 years were all very friendly and helpful.
I personally don't care about lavish breakfasts, most B&Bs these days provide basic continental style ones and are self-serve style. That's not a minus for me, but if you want the 5-star treatment, I'd suggest the Ritz-Carlton "down the road" at the other end of Half Moon Bay :)
To me, a B&B experience should be family-style, cosy and casual. I spend 100 days a year in business hotels and prefer a more personal experience when away with my fiancee.
So, while I'm looking forward to returning to the Cypress Inn, I would like them to see the necessity for upgrades. The top floor suite has fab views some tarnished by the seasalt stained, condensing windows. Great plus on the tiled floors. I can't stand carpets, they tend to attract moisture and are responsible for musty smells in other places.
- Also Known As:
- Cypress Inn On Miramar Beach Hotel
- Cypress Inn On Miramar Beach Hotel Half Moon Bay
- Cypress Inn Half Moon Bay
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- On Miramar Beach in Half Moon Bay, sights and sounds of the Pacific are just outside your door at the Cypress Inn. Eighteen rooms and suites offer dramatic ocean views, and each features luxurious feather beds, fireplaces and private baths. Guests are treated to a full breakfast each morning and a selection of wine and hors d’oeuvres are freshly prepared each afternoon. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Priceline, Travelocity, Booking.com, Tingo, Hotels.com, Orbitz, Agoda, Venere, Fareportal and Otel so you can book your Cypress Inn on Miramar Beach reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.