Ironically, we chose this lovely bed and breakfast in Half Moon Bay for its proximity to Stanford Hospital, a 27 minute drive away. Although our choice was prompted by medical necessity, we are delighted that circumstances drew us here. The combination of being right on the ocean, away from the noise of Highway 1, with truly lovely rooms, so peaceful and remote and also a short drive from home is unique in our 40 plus years experience in living in the Bay Area. The sunsets were stunning and being here in December allowed us to see the gentler beauty of the sunrise as well. The rooms in the Main Building are gorgeous--full ocean view literally right over the beach, contemporary but rustic decor with fireplace, attractive and comfortable furniture including captain's bed with drawers underneath set high for the better view, wood beams on ceiling, beautiful tile floors. We slept to the sound of the waves. I was not surprised to learn that the main building was designed by the people who did the five star Relais and Chateaux Auberge du Soleil in Napa Valley. There are coffeemakers in the room, ample breakfasts with many choices every morning, wine and appetizers in the evening, followed by dessert somewhat later. Staff was pleasant. Although expensive with rooms on the smallish side, the combination of excellent taste and natural beauty are unbeatable. We would go with the smaller rooms in the main building over the larger ones in adjacent ones. If you have the chance to splurge on the third floor penthouse suite, go for it--it's absolutely incredible. We will be back.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- On Miramar Beach in Half Moon Bay, sights and sounds of the Pacific are just outside your door at the Cypress Inn. Eighteen rooms and suites offer dramatic ocean views, and each features luxurious feather beds, fireplaces and private baths. Guests are treated to a full breakfast each morning and a selection of wine and hors d’oeuvres are freshly prepared each afternoon. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Priceline, Travelocity, Expedia, Booking.com, Orbitz, BookingOdigeoWL, Despegar.com, Tingo and Hotels.com so you can book your Cypress Inn on Miramar Beach reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Cypress Inn On Miramar Beach Hotel Half Moon Bay
- Cypress Inn Half Moon Bay