“Best room i have been in” 5 of 5 stars

4.0 of 5 Hotel   |   280 Capistrano Road, Half Moon Bay, CA 94019   |
Hotel deals
Ranked #4 of 8 hotels in Half Moon Bay
Sydney
“Best room i have been in”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 24, 2010

We travelled for 6 weeks throughout the US and this was the best room i have ever stayed in. You can notice when all of the little things have been invested in. The room was huge and beautifully furnished, the bed was big and extremely confortable, we only stopped in here by chance on the way to San Fran so the $200 a night may seem a little hefty because it's in a town in the middle of nowhere but the locals at the bar next door were very friendly and it's a nice, quiet place. I imagine if you lived in surrounding cities it would be a great weekend getaway. In summary a beautiful hotel if you don't mind a little splurge.

P.S. It also had free parking and wi-fi

305 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (68)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
Oakland, CA
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 16, 2010

For a hotel that charges the amount that Oceano charges, one might expect a flawless experience. My wife and I had a great time when we were there, but there were a number of small, but noticeable, problems there.

1. We had arrived after a light shower, and the deck was a little flooded; I was told that the housekeeping staff was supposed to sweep the water off the balcony, but, obviously, they didn't.
2. The stopper in the bath tub did not seal very well. My wife had to continually run the water in order to keep the tub full.
3. I realize that the hotel is aiming to be "green", but the water pressure in the shower was pathetic. The fixtures were nice to look at, but there are definitely better shower heads, for example, that do a lot better with low pressure than the ones in the Oceano.
4. The television programming is in standard definition... kinda defeats the point of an HD TV.

I know I'm being picky, but for the price we paid, I expect more attention to detail.

San Francisco Area, CA
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 10, 2010

My husband and I decided on a last minute getaway, something relaxing and romantic. The Oceano has it all - great location, super staff, wonderfully comfortable king beds and great views. We stayed in the Deluxe King Suite, it was perfect for our needs - large. elegant and above all comfortable. Can't say enough good things about our short stay, we'd highly recommend it. Can't wait to go back and try the spa.

5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 4, 2010 via mobile

While visiting Half Moon Bay recently, I stayed at the new Oceana Hotel. What a splendid experience. My room was beautiful, spacious and spotless. The bed was very comfortable and the bedding luxurious. The views from my balcony were lovely from the blue waters of the bay to the wooded surroundings.

The hotel has a shopping mall with many shops and a spa. The marina and restaurants of all kinds are within easy walking distance.

The hotel lobby is beautiful with a large fireplace and lovely furniture and decorations.

Meals, prepared by an excellent chef are served in the cozy lounge by friendly wait persons. The desk staff are the best. Anything I needed was promptly provided. Check in and check out was handled with ease.

The Oceana will be my home away from home whenever I visit that area.

• Stayed March 2010
San Jose
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 1, 2010

We have stayed at this hotel twice now. First, we really love the style and decor of the hotel. It's very calming and the rooms are very well appointed. Great location to walk to local restaurants and the marina. The staff is extremely friendly and helpful. Definitely will return and recommend this place as a nice getaway.

• Stayed February 2010, traveled as a couple
San Francisco
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 26, 2010

I live near Half Moon Bay, but I had some friends coming into town to celebrate a birthday. We just wanted to leave the kids at home with the daddies, and relaaax.
So we decided to try the Oceano. And we loved it! The staff was super-friendly and helpful, and our room was charming and pretty and comfortable. We were on the 2nd floor, and were thrilled to find a top-notch fitness center just steps away from our room. So we had our workout, and relaxed in our room, enjoying the lovely harbor view. When it was time to eat dinner, we had plenty of great restaurants to choose from - all within walking distance.
It was so quiet and relaxing - we would have loved to stay for a whole week of unwinding.
I hope to make this experience an annual event!

• Stayed February 2010, traveled with friends
SF
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 4, 2010

The Oceano Hotel and Spa is a beautiful new hotel in Half Moon Bay. It is centrally located near tons of restaurants and shops right on the water. My fiance and I went in December and it was such a nice local getaway during the holidays. We had no need for our car all weekend, just read our books in the hotel lobby, walked along the dock and ate fresh fish. Being that it's new, the hotel is spotless! Not to mention rooms are huge - all with a deck, fireplace and flat screen tv. More like a suite. Best part? We were only 30 minutes from home (SF) but felt worlds away :)

• Stayed December 2009, traveled as a couple

Been to Oceano Hotel & Spa Half Moon Bay? Share your experiences!