Newish, mid-range resort hotel also promoting - and drawing - small conferences. They ought to improve their level of services or stop pretending that they can accommodate business travelers. The internet service is slow. The business center not up-to-date and not staffed.
That said, the rooms are pretty, and probably a good deal for the price for vacationers. Water views in a small harbor moving from commercial to leisure use. This part of the coast is chilly and fogged in much of the year. But it's pretty when the fog lifts, especially in the short, early spring when the hills are green. The weather makes it a beach resort only for folks who surf in wet suits.
I suppose the price is low because it's not really a beach, not really a resort, the HUGE advantage it does have is proximity to the Bay Area. $95 cab ride from SFO. And, notoriously, there is only one, 2-lane road on this stretch of coast (that's one lane north and one lane south). Traffic is horrendous, so you don't really want to leave your resort and spend your day sitting in traffic.
On the other hand - you can walk (bike, run, ride a horse) for miles north or south along the coast. Half Moon Bay isn't Big Sur, but it is very pretty.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Located in beautiful Half Moon Bay Harbor, the Oceano is one of the Bay Area's favorite hotels. Luxurious suites boast private balconies and fireplaces within a seaport architectural style. The hotel offers over 12,000 square feet of outdoor and indoor meeting space including the Grand Ballroom, meeting rooms with ocean views, and outdoor garden and tent space. The lobby Bar and Grill offers guests casual coastal fare for breakfast, lunch and dinner or private in-room dining. With coastal views and dedicated events staff, Weddings and banquets are our specialty. Several fine restaurants and boutiques within walking distance. Surrounding activities include golf, championship surfing, kayaking, pier and deep sea fishing, horseback riding, sailing, hiking and more. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Groupon, Priceline, Orbitz, Hotels.com, Agoda, Odigeo, TripOnline SA and Jetsetter so you can book your Oceano Hotel & Spa Half Moon Bay reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Oceano Hotel And Spa Half Moon Bay
- Oceano Hotel Half Moon Bay