I have had the pleasure of staying at the Oceano Hotel in Half Moon Bay a few times. It's in the coastside foggy town of Half Moon Bay just south of San Francisco. Half Moon Bay used to be a sleepy fishing town known for its rum running back in the Prohibition Era but in the last few years it's changed to be quite a destination. The Oceano was one of the first full resorts to open up in town and it's amazing. It's beautiful spacious rooms have beds so comfy it's hard to get out of them to go walking around. Especially since virtually every room has a view of the bay and harbor. It's within walking distance of amazing seafood and Italian restaurants and just a short walk from Mavericks - one of the most famous big wave surfing beaches in the world. Some people say the sound of the foghorn keeps them awake but it's like a lullaby to me. It's one of our favorite places to go when we want a relaxing getaway that's relatively close to home. It's a little pricey but they often have online specials so you just have to keep an eye out.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Half Moon Bay's newest hotel located on the edge of the Pacific with views of Princeton Harbor, a quaint fishing village. Luxurious furnishings and comforts compliment the maritime setting. The hotel has a large ballroom, meeting rooms, a full bar with food service as well as room service. Weddings and banquets are a specialty. Several fine restaurants are nearby, and local activities include golf, championship surfing, pier and deep sea fishing and many others. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Travelocity, Orbitz, Booking.com, Priceline, Expedia, Hotels.com, Agoda, Odigeo, TripOnline SA and Tingo so you can book your Oceano Hotel & Spa Half Moon Bay reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Oceano Hotel And Spa Half Moon Bay
- Oceano Hotel Half Moon Bay