My husband and I booked one night at the Oceano Hotel & Spa through Travelzoo for the day after Thanksgiving as we wanted to quick coastal getaway. We couldn’t have been more pleased with Oceano hotel. Upon entering, the beautifully appointed three story is lobby is welcoming and comfortable. The staff were very helpful and pleasant. Our room was 307 on the top floor overlooking the harbor. I recommend the top floor as the ceilings are high and there is an extra window providing lots of light. We enjoyed both sunrise and sunset views from the balcony and the soothing sounds of the fog horn in the distance. The bathroom is elegant and large with both a granite shower and a separate tub. The king size bed was comfortable. There is a sitting area with a fireplace, large flat screen TV, bar, and refrigerator. Two bottles of water and a bottle of Bogle wine were complimentary. Internet is included, however the wireless didn’t work with my Mac laptop. Normally I would have been disappointed but the views were so spectacular, without an internet connection I spent more time relaxing. Our stay included a $50 coupon for either room service or food at the Oceano Bar. We sat on the bar deck for lunch and the crab salad, salmon tacos, calamari were fresh and delicious. We recommend eating here as lines at the crab shacks and take out places were long and priced the same. We were able to dine in a quiet and beautiful atmosphere without the crowds. Next door is the lively and fun Half Moon Bay Brewing Company with a live band and dancing, plus there are plenty of nearby beaches to explore. The famed surf spot, Mavericks, is nearby.
If you visit during crab season, you can walk down the pier and buy live crabs directly from the fisherman-a must do if you live close enough to cook them up soon! We can’t wait to return. This is a great place and we were blessed with exceptionally beautiful weather in the high 70’s and lots of sunshine.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Half Moon Bay's newest hotel located on the edge of the Pacific with views of Princeton Harbor, a quaint fishing village. Luxurious furnishings and comforts compliment the maritime setting. The hotel has a large ballroom, meeting rooms, a full bar with food service as well as room service. Weddings and banquets are a specialty. Several fine restaurants are nearby, and local activities include golf, championship surfing, pier and deep sea fishing and many others. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Agoda, Booking.com, Expedia, Orbitz, Tingo, Travelocity, Priceline, BookingOdigeoWL and Hotels.com so you can book your Oceano Hotel & Spa Half Moon Bay reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Oceano Hotel And Spa Half Moon Bay
- Oceano Hotel Half Moon Bay