Let's start with the positives: the hotel staff provided us very good service; our room was *terrific* - a very large, well-appointed suite with a lovely view of the ocean and an enormous bathroom; the bed was very comfortable; room service was timely and the food was quite good; and finally, there are a couple of very good restaurants in the area - in particular, 'Sam's Chowder House' about a 1/2-mile south was great and definitely worth a visit!.
There were a couple of disappointments, however, including the remoteness of the location. I can imagine that for some couples/families, just having quiet time would be a great vacation and if this is your goal, then this hotel is a good choice. But for us (travelling with a toddler), there wasn't very much to do. When we tried to watch television with our little girl prior to putting her to bed, the reception on the flat-screen TV was dreadful. Despite these relatively minor points, the one thing that stops me from giving the hotel a higher rating was that every 8 seconds (and yes, I'm not dramatizing this...every EIGHT seconds) the town's location beacon went off!! I'm guessing that, being a coastal town, having this beacon allows those sailing on the coast to know that they're coming near to land. If you're a deep sleeper, then this will not be an issue. But for me, personally, it got to be very annoying and the only reason I was able to sleep at all was that I had earplugs that (luckily for me) muffled most of the sound.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Half Moon Bay's newest hotel located on the edge of the Pacific with views of Princeton Harbor, a quaint fishing village. Luxurious furnishings and comforts compliment the maritime setting. The hotel has a large ballroom, meeting rooms, a full bar with food service as well as room service. Weddings and banquets are a specialty. Several fine restaurants are nearby, and local activities include golf, championship surfing, pier and deep sea fishing and many others. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Travelocity, Booking.com, Orbitz, Tingo, Agoda, Priceline, Odigeo, Hotels.com and Venere so you can book your Oceano Hotel & Spa Half Moon Bay reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Oceano Hotel And Spa Half Moon Bay
- Oceano Hotel Half Moon Bay