“Feel at home here” 4 of 5 stars

Good for: Families with children, Local cuisine
Dining options: Dinner, Reservations
“Feel at home here”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 19, 2010

the food is excellent and the people make you feel right at home.You should not stay up jhere without having at least one meals at Pat's.

• 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere

Gresham, Oregon
“Best Lunch in Years”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 28, 2009

What else can I say but the lunch that my wife and I had at Chef Patrick's last week was the best we both have had while travelling. Don't miss the desert!

• 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
UK
“My favourite restaurant in the Russian River area”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 10, 2009

This was a great discovery on my last trip to Guerneville. I had the best crab cakes ever and the lobster ravioli as out of this world. This is supplemented by excellent wine and professional and friendly staff. Go, you won't be dissapointed

• 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
San Francisco, CA
“Absolutely fantastic meal”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 18, 2009

My wife and I were recently in Guerneville for our 17th wedding anniversary. We really wanted to go to a fine restaurant and be pampered with the niceties that you would expect from such a restaurant. Well, in Guerneville, there isn’t much. We were very, very lucky to find Chef Patrick’s.

First, let me say we liked Chef Patrick’s so much we went there both nights we stayed in Guerneville. The food was absolutely fantastic. We live in San Francisco and have eaten at our share of fine restaurants. While the restaurant’s atmosphere was not the best, don’t be fooled because the food was. Chef Patrick told us he is opening a new restaurant across the street that will be a finer place to eat. We actually decided to eat in the well lighted diner that is used during the day for breakfasts and lunches. Even there, the service was good.

The first night I had the Halibut special and my wife had the Prawns Scampi special. Both were prepared perfectly and with style. I thought the Halibut was the best seafood meal I have ever had…seriously! I shared some with my wife and she ended up ordering the Halibut on our second night. Her Scampi was also very good and we enjoyed sharing our entire meal back and forth.

On or second night, Patrick really impressed us. My wife ordered the Halibut and it was even better than when I ordered it. He made a pesto tortellini appetizer on the fly (after telling him I liked Pesto) that could rival any pesto dish I have eaten before (mixed with artichoke and greens). He encouraged me to try his Scallop special and I was more than satisfied as it was also very, very good. I really can’t say enough good things about our meals.

Lastly, he offered us free desserts. My wife had a strawberry dish with Merlot reduction called Strawberry Sauvignon Merlot, and I had Crème Brulle, both were to die for. Now when he did this, I actually felt like our opinion was very important to him…like we were his only guests. It felt like having your own “Iron Chef” preparing and describing the dishes personally. He is a very nice man, an excellent chef, and he helped make our anniversary one of the best.

Thanks Patrick and staff!

• 1 of 5 stars Atmosphere
Los Angeles
“A MUST DO Experience at Pat's Diner with Chef Patrick”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 12, 2009

You must know that this is the best food in the region. That said, i am going to start with dessert. Chef Patrick, who spent his career cooking on private yachts, has the most creative and delictable desserts inclucing;bread pudding with a caramel and sweet butter sauce, and fresh strwberry with cabertnet reduction cream.

We told him we wanted to sample everything on the menu and he spent hours feeding us tastes of every amazing dish on special that night. We had a Kunde Zinfindel which was complex and a perfect compliment to tapas with lamb, halibut, shrimp risotto, caprise salad, the freshest greens i have ever had in any restaurant, crabcakes and fillet with bluc cheese and a sweet wine sauce.

All of this cost us less than $40 each. Two city girls were just amazed. The wait staff was friendly and the ambiance was comically diner/1940s bar scene.

You simply have to go see Chef Patrick who takes over Pats diner on Thursday through Monday nights. He is a jewel and his food is shockingly good. Nancy is a wonerfu waitress. She added stories about local lifestyes and was lots of fun.