My husband and I have been meaning to return to the Cottages on River Road and we finally made it this past Sunday with our son, young niece and nephew. We had great memories of our first stay here a few years ago so we decided that another visit was in order. This time we checked into a River Cottage with two bedrooms which was perfect for our family. We noticed some welcome upgrades to the property, including the pool, fire pit area, and keurig coffee makers in the room. There are also other personnel in addition to Ted, the proprietor. The older woman who was at the front desk when we arrived on Sunday didn't come off as very warm but rather a bit frazzled and harried. She just didn't seem to be well-suited for the hospitality industry, given her overall demeanor. We were glad to see Ted back the next day when we went to get the continental breakfast. The last time we were here, Ted served awesome coffee cake and coffee, with some fruits. This time, there were more options, such as bagels, donuts, yogurt and hard boiled eggs. The bagels, donuts and pastries tasted fresh baked and delish. Not your average stale bagels, donuts and pastries at all. My husband and I usually avoid carbs but couldn't resist them. The cream cheese with greek yogurt, homemade jams, and fresh cantaloupe juice were nice touches. Ted remains a very warm and personable host. We won't hesitate to return to his wonderful property again.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- We offer our guests the chance to escape the ordinary and experience a unique hotel in a diverse and breathtaking destination. Whether it is canoeing on the river, biking the backroads, touring a world class winery, hiking the redwood forests or strolling along the beaches of Bodega Bay, you will return each evening to enjoy s’mores under a sky full of stars at Cottages on River Road. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Priceline, Hotels.com, Odigeo and Tingo so you can book your Cottages on River Road reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Cottages On River Road Hotel Guerneville
- Cottages On River Road Guerneville, CA - Sonoma County