We recently stayed here over 4th July weekend. We have a 6 month old so we opted to stay in one of the two bedroom cottages with a mini-kitchenette. The hotel was perfect for us.
First, the price is right...you got a lot more than you would get another place. Second, it is super casual...nothing fancy, the cottages are basically IKEA furnished so you know the stuff is cheap but it still looks nice. Also, with all the windows closed you couldn't hear the outside...which is important when your baby is the one crying. Third, all the cottages open into a grassy area where kids were always playing and each cottage has a deck of sorts so you can sit outside. The whole place is surrounded by redwoods so even when it was super hot there was still a lot of shade. The pool is solar heated but don't expect really warm just sort of luke warm, but the weather was so hot that it still felt good. They have about 4 nice lounge chars which are super comfy I was worried that we wouldn't have a place to sit on a holiday weekend but there was never an issue and they place was completely booked. I think a lot of people head to the beaches on the russian river vs. stay at the pool.
They have free breakfast and wi-fi too. All in all, a very family friendly, quaint, quiet and relaxing place. Our cottage came with a mini-kitchenette with mini-fridge, sink and microwave. We brought snacks, beer, wine and other goodies. There is a brewery right across the street that has great beers and pretty good BBQ, you don't have to drive just cross the street which was nice. We did drive into down Guernville in the morning to get coffee at Big Bottom market which has been written up in Sunset mag a couple of times, known for their biscuits, we did this because the free breakfast at the hotel didn't start until 8am and we were up early.
There is also a fire pit with nightly smokes, another simple but impactful way to impress us. Everything about this place is easy, the management was nice, friendly and the place was clean.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- We offer our guests the chance to escape the ordinary and experience a unique hotel in a diverse and breathtaking destination. Whether it is canoeing on the river, biking the backroads, touring a world class winery, hiking the redwood forests or strolling along the beaches of Bodega Bay, you will return each evening to enjoy s’mores under a sky full of stars at Cottages on River Road. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Travelocity, Expedia, Hotels.com, Priceline and Odigeo so you can book your Cottages on River Road reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Cottages On River Road Hotel Guerneville
- Cottages On River Road Guerneville, CA - Sonoma County