We travelled with a group of 8 women in August 2012 and this was the perfect location and accomodations for us.
Rooms-we bunked with 2 women in each room and there was plenty of space. The rooms were nicely appointed - IKEA meets granola decorations. Clean, nice linens. Mini bars/sink. Semi private patios. The outdoor firepit was amazing. After a long day we would just get snacks from the market in town and drink our wine from the day around the firepit. The s'mores were a nice treat too. We did not use the pool as we were gone all day most days.
Staff- more than accomodating. The owner worked with me to have special gift baskets put in each room with snacks for after our vineyard excursions. Very nice at breakfast. Always willing to give suggestions. Great dinner advice in town for the night we did not have reservations.
Location- beautiful roadside cottages near the Red Woods. We were not bothered by road noise. Close to lots of vineyards in Sonoma or a short drive. We used a driver one day who picked up and dropped off and we were so close to several of our favorites Sonoma Cutrer, being one of them. We went to the State Park and hiked one day, we also would do morning jogs along the road into town.
This place is a value if you can get a room on a weekend you want one. I would definately come back with couples or girlfriends again.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- We offer our guests the chance to escape the ordinary and experience a unique hotel in a diverse and breathtaking destination. Whether it is canoeing on the river, biking the backroads, touring a world class winery, hiking the redwood forests or strolling along the beaches of Bodega Bay, you will return each evening to enjoy s’mores under a sky full of stars at Cottages on River Road. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Travelocity, Expedia, Hotels.com, Priceline and Odigeo so you can book your Cottages on River Road reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Cottages On River Road Hotel Guerneville
- Cottages On River Road Guerneville, CA - Sonoma County