I agree with all of the previous reviews that the Cottages are charming, that the s'mores fire pit is delightful, and the staff warm and inviting, as is the continental breakfast that includes healthy stuff like yogurt and fruit.
Driving there was a bit of a challenge, but then I'm a timid driver that's intimidated by winding, two-lane-no-passing country roads. We would definitely go back -- when the weather is warm.
We stayed in a very tine studio, cabin #11, which was charming in spite of its lack of a closet or even hangers--but no adjoining walls. HOWEVER, the wall heaters leave a lot to be desired. The woman who checked us in told us that, in spite of the numbers on the thermostat, the heater had two settings: on and off. Too true!
It was very cold the night we were there (mid-November) and the excess of and/or lack of heat was very uncomfortable. Not to mention that none of the heat reached the bathroom -- needless to say we chose not to shower in the morning before we checked out. I spoke with two young couples we had met at the fire pit the evening before, and they concurred that the heat/cold was very uncomfortable.
Our suggestion, therefore, is by all means go there IN WARM WEATHER.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- We offer our guests the chance to escape the ordinary and experience a unique hotel in a diverse and breathtaking destination. Whether it is canoeing on the river, biking the backroads, touring a world class winery, hiking the redwood forests or strolling along the beaches of Bodega Bay, you will return each evening to enjoy s’mores under a sky full of stars at Cottages on River Road. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Travelocity, Booking.com, Priceline, Odigeo and Tingo so you can book your Cottages on River Road reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Cottages On River Road Hotel Guerneville
- Cottages On River Road Guerneville, CA - Sonoma County