If only there was no road noise, I would consider this place close-to-perfect!
Beautiful grounds, adorable and clean cottage, welcoming staff and situated close by to wineries, Armstrong Redwoods and the river.
We booked the “Garden Cottage” (#7) which had 2 bedrooms, a small kitchenette (mini fridge, microwave, sink and coffee pot) a bathroom off the kitchen (I guess some of the 2 bedrooms have the bathroom off one of the bedrooms), a nice sized family room with a flat screen TV and a little porch overlooking the gardens and lawn. The furniture all looked new and the décor was very cute.
We paid a AAA rate and were satisfied with the cost. Thursday and Friday averaged ~$200 per night.
The only issue with the cottage is that they don’t have double-pained windows! The cottages are very close to the main road through Guerneville and the road is noisy from about 6 am to 10 pm. I highly recommend they get double-pained windows because I noticed many people on Trip Advisor complained of the road noise.
Breakfast was great: Fresh Bagels, Fresh Apple Turnovers, fruit, yogurt, hot cocoa and coffee. S'mores were also fantastic at night! I was shocked to find out that they charge $20 a night to use their BBQ even though they do supply you with all the tools. Luckily, they said I could use my own mini-BBQ.
I do wish there was a beach closer to Cottages on RR, but it’s a short drive to Johnson’s Beach. Across the street from the hotel, there is a great Brewery/Restaurant called Stumptown. It looks beat-up from the outside, but once you get in, you realize they have lovely views of the river. Too bad there is a drop from the grass to the river, so I don’t think you could easily access the river from there.
There are so many wineries within 20 minutes of the hotel. Also, Armstong Redwoods is only about 10 minutes away and it’s a beautiful area to walk around.
I would stay here again if I came back to Russian River.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- We offer our guests the chance to escape the ordinary and experience a unique hotel in a diverse and breathtaking destination. Whether it is canoeing on the river, biking the backroads, touring a world class winery, hiking the redwood forests or strolling along the beaches of Bodega Bay, you will return each evening to enjoy s’mores under a sky full of stars at Cottages on River Road. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, Booking.com, Expedia, Priceline, Orbitz, Tingo, Travelocity, BookingOdigeoWL, Venere and Otel so you can book your Cottages on River Road reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Cottages On River Road Hotel Guerneville
- Cottages On River Road Guerneville, CA - Sonoma County