I escape San Francisco a lot over weekends and head up to Guerneville and The Woods is usually my preferred destination, whether it be for the day relaxing at the pool or a weekend getaway.
This resort is very well maintained and has a great variety of rooms to choose from - from very simple and cheap to very well decorated, spacious and relatively inexpensive compared to other places I've stayed at. Rooms are clean, well maintained and pretty quiet.
Michael, the host, is extremely friendly and helpful.
The best feature is the pool - it's nice and quiet and relaxing and you are guaranteed to meet some very charming and friendly locals as well as tourists from far and sunder sunning themselves around the pool. Clothing is optional.
Also a great day-getaway if you just want to soak up some sun in a relaxing, quiet environment.
Off-street parking + wi-fi is included.
I've taken all my overseas friends to this resort and they have all loved it.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Woods Resort is the perfect answer for a relaxing, rejuvenating and (perhaps) slightly "spirited" escape to the Russian River. The Woods, centrally located in downtown Guerneville, is situated between the tall, swaying redwood trees and the hypnotic flow of the splendid Russian River for the ideal getaway.Within walking distance to shops, restaurants, dancing and live entertainment, The Woods Resort sits in a quiet corner bend of Fifes Creek. The serenity of the grounds will enchant and lull you, with rooms and suites outfitted with the highest quality amenities.The Woods Resort offers cottages, free-standing guest cabins and multi-room suites with full kitchens, gas fireplaces, private balconies and stunning views of lush redwood forests. The resort has one of the largest swimming pools in the area, has full sun all day long. With an outdoor fireplace, stone fountains and romantically lighted landscaping, your stay at The Woods is guaranteed to make you forget the chaos of the real world.Your hosts, Michael and Verna, are veterans of the local customer service industry with a familiarity of all the area has to offer in the way of recreation, adventure, wine tasting, dining, spa treatments and entertainment. They are happy to help you plan an exciting, memorable stay at the Russian River. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Booking.com, Hotels.com, Travelocity, Priceline, Odigeo and Agoda so you can book your The Woods Resort at the Russian River reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- The Woods Resort At The Russian River Hotel Guerneville
- The Woods Resort At The Russian River Guerneville, CA - Sonoma County