This was our first visit to the Woods, and we'll definitely be back. We opted for one of the Cabin rooms, which proved ideal for a long weekend retreat from the city. The room had a nice gas fireplace that quickly warmed it up during the cool nights, a large comfy king bed, a kitchen with refrigerator (perfect for chilling champagne from nearby Korbel), microwave, and coffee maker, along with all the necessary accessories for a great breakfast in bed each morning.
The entire property was clean, well-maintained, with lots of plants, flowers, etc. Clearly the owners put a lot of time, effort, and heart into this place. It has a courtyard style layout, surrounding a large pool, with lots of sun and plenty of lounge chairs. The location is perfect as well, just a block away from the main drag through town, with easy access to all the restaurants, bars, and shopping it has to offer.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Woods Resort is the perfect answer for a relaxing, rejuvenating and (perhaps) slightly "spirited" escape to the Russian River. The Woods, centrally located in downtown Guerneville, is situated between the tall, swaying redwood trees and the hypnotic flow of the splendid Russian River for the ideal getaway.Within walking distance to shops, restaurants, dancing and live entertainment, The Woods Resort sits in a quiet corner bend of Fifes Creek. The serenity of the grounds will enchant and lull you, with rooms and suites outfitted with the highest quality amenities.The Woods Resort offers cottages, free-standing guest cabins and multi-room suites with full kitchens, gas fireplaces, private balconies and stunning views of lush redwood forests. The resort has one of the largest swimming pools in the area, has full sun all day long. With an outdoor fireplace, stone fountains and romantically lighted landscaping, your stay at The Woods is guaranteed to make you forget the chaos of the real world.Your hosts, Michael and Verna, are veterans of the local customer service industry with a familiarity of all the area has to offer in the way of recreation, adventure, wine tasting, dining, spa treatments and entertainment. They are happy to help you plan an exciting, memorable stay at the Russian River. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Priceline and Booking.com so you can book your The Woods Resort at the Russian River reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- The Woods Resort At The Russian River Hotel Guerneville
- The Woods Resort At The Russian River Guerneville, CA - Sonoma County