“Peaceful Retreat! Highly Reccommend.” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Seacliff on the Bluff

We can't find prices for this hotel
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this hotel, but we can search other options in Gualala
Seacliff on the Bluff
You added Seacliff on the Bluff to your Saves list
P.O. Box 1317, Gualala, CA 95445   |
Ranked #1 of 3 Hotels in Gualala
Certificate of Excellence 2014
A TripAdvisor Member
“Peaceful Retreat! Highly Reccommend.”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 12, 2005

I thoroughly enjoyed my stay at this hotel. Staff was friendly, helpful, available. Everything was very clean. My second floor room had a beautiful view of a beach/sand bar. It's difficult for people to access, which I consider a plus, since I prefer gazing at the birds, sand & surf rather than dogwalkers/frisbee throwers. I spent much time in one of the swivel-chairs, feet propped on the windowsill, just reading, watching the sun set, and eventually the stars came out. One window opens toward the ocean, letting in the sound of waves all night. Yum! I never heard any road noise. There's a fair amount of shops nearby (walking distance) including art galleries, book store, coffee house, grocery store, restaurants. Negative: no phone in room, and only Verizon coverage for cell phones, so I had to use a payphone by the lobby. Regardless, I would love to stay here again.

• Stayed June 2005, traveled on business

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (40)
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 26, 2005

Hold your jackson, this place was great! We stayed here during the end of March 2005 for our anniversary and had a fantastic time. Waking up every morning to the sun coming up over the ocean and listening to the waves crash as we fell asleep was such an amazing experience. Each room had it's own pair of binoculars for viewing the ocean, (or the people walking on the beach). The ocean was so close you felt like you were camping out on the sand. Every day when your room was cleaned a free bottle of champagne was put in your mini-fridge which was very sweet. I enjoyed using the spa/bathtub with it's massaging jets, IT WAS HUGE! We also liked hanging out on our deck to look out at the ocean, we cooked bacon on our deck with a little camping stove we brought. All in all I can't wait to go back again! It was beautiful, relaxing, and for such a super price you felt like you were at a really expensive retreat!

• Stayed March 2005
Boulder Creek, California
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 5, 2005

I would recommend staying here, with some caveats (more of that later). My wife and I stayed here last weekend, and we were impressed by the service, the location and the room in general. In fact, having complimentary champagne each day was a pleasant surprise, as we'd normally expect such a thing only on arrival.

We were in a ground floor room as we'd booked quite late. If you say here, try hard to get a top floor room. The ground floor room were were in did get quite a lot of noise from the room above. More significantly, we were both surprised by the fact that people regulary walk past about ten feet from the window even though we believed the grounds were closed to the public. As a result, the ground floor rooms - even with their great view - lose all sense of privacy. I'm not sure if the owners can do anything to stop casual walkers, but it would be worth trying (there is a sign, but I would bet that non-residents ignore it). Another thing we noticed (unfortunately) was that the showers randomly change temperature - resulting in us both almost being scalded on separate occasions. This is something that should be easier to fix, and again may be a ground floor room thing.

So all in all we'd recommend it if you can get an upper floor room.

• Stayed April 2005
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 22, 2004

The most cozy hotel my wife an I have ever been to. Exceptionally clean and all of the conveniences anyone could ask for. A free bottle of champagne ---my goodness what a nice touch! We will drive all the way from Portland just to stay here again. Robin was so helpful that she should be a permanent fixture. It was a totally delightful experience---as nice an experience as we have had in some of the best hotels in Paris, France and that's saying something !!! Rick and Judy Buroker---Portland, Oregon

santa rosa
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 14, 2004

Let me start out by saying that the coastline in this part of Ca. is spectacular. If my wife and I could afford it, we would by a house (or anything) with views of the ocean here. We started going up the Gualala 7 years ago as a way to relax for 2 days. About 5 years back we started staying at the Seacliff because the other hotel we used was getting pricey (the result of popularity). Seacliff is not the fanciest place in the area, but has some of the nicest views and the amenities combine for a wonderful stay. The overall feeling and value is unequaled I feel. During the off season, we usually go up every month for 2 days. We are so refreshed it feels like 4. For us, it's less than a 2 hour drive to get there. As others have mentioned, you have a private deck, spa tub, terry robes, champagne and a nicely appointed room with fireplace. There are 2 comfortable sitting chairs by large view windows that look out over the beach and ocean. It's not uncommon to watch the whales pass by, they even provide binoculars if you don't bring your own. We have our favorite rooms, but the upstairs tend to be a bit quieter and have a little better view. But still, if we really want to go and its crowded, we stay downstairs, we like it that much. The staff is wonderful. The manager, Kathy is a gem and always willing to make your stay nice. The rest of the staff are always very friendly. No breakfast here, it's not that type of place. But if you want something different, try the new Mexican bakery behind the Gualala Hotel. Room rates are probably the most reasonable in the area. Check out their website for specials at -------------------. You will see some of the pictures I have taken there too in their gallery. Markets and resturants in this area are good with a nice selection. I know you will enjoy your visit with them. We look forward to each one of ours.

5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 10, 2004

we having been coming here for over 15 years. This is wonderful place to come and unwind,relax and remember who you fell in love with over and over again.... We have 3 kids 18, 14 9 that we bring up every year to stay in beach homes... but when it is just the two of us ... a little bit of heaven....

St. Paul, MN
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 15, 2004

We just spent 1 night here and thought that it was very nice. The room was large and the deck was great. It looked out over the ocean and we were lulled to sleep by the waves. It was a very good resting place for 1 night.

• Stayed May 2004

Been to Seacliff on the Bluff? Share your experiences!