Recently I visited Windermere House for a wedding. This review is mainly regarding the food at the reception. The hotel is beautiful, presents very well. Everything is very clean and tidy. The scenery is gorgeous. The food, was not to my liking. We had a choice of 2 entrees. Starting with a very strange spinach salad with mushrooms and a lot of vinegar. This did not appear to be to everyone's liking. Next for the the main dish, there were two to choose from. People with the crispy skinned trout said that it was quite good. The beef that we requested was to be well done. Well done was not the case, (therefore we could not eat it) as many people that requested well done were not satisfied to see the meat so rare and left behind a beautiful piece of uncooked beef. The dish was not accompanied with any other sides such as potato or rice or vegetable. There was an onion ring and that wasn't very good at all and a turnip puree. The dessert was a pecan tart with maple ice cream, it was ok, but rather sweet. The coffee tasted very salty and others told the waitress it smelled like burned dead fish. They promptly removed the cups and returned with another pot. They thought that the cause was cleaning packets for the decanter that had left behind a residue. The next cup of coffee did not taste any different from the one that was taken away. Overall, the meal was very disappointing for what I would have expected it to be. I had such high expectations prior to the wedding. The Windermere deserves great food to go along with everything else it has to offer, hopefully menu foods are somewhat better.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- “Lady of the Lake.”Windermere House Resort is an iconic landmark located on prestigious Lake Rosseau in Muskoka, Ontario, Canada. The country's oldest hotel, it has welcomed guests for over 140 years. Fine dining, boating, tennis, golf, spa services and five star service make Windermere House a preferred destination. New at Windermere House is The Cottages at Windermere, a private enclave of 6 three bedroom luxury fractional ownership cottages.Experience everything Muskoka has to offer in unsurpassed comfort. Luxuriate in plush pillowtop beds, indulge in sumptuous dining and relax amid plentiful, carefree recreation. We're here to spoil you.Offering family vacations, romantic getaways, golf packages, weddings and conferences facilities, Windermere House resort on Lake Rosseau offers the ideal backdrop for your Muskoka getaway. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Priceline, Hotels.com, Booking.com, Travelocity, Tingo, BookingOdigeoWL and Expedia so you can book your Windermere House Resort & Hotel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Windermere House Resort And Hotel
- Windermere House Hotel Windermere
- Windermere House Resort & Hotel Muskoka District, Canada