Judging by reading other travellers reviews, this resort seems to have mixed ratings. My husband and myself stayed for one night on a dealfind coupon, paying less than half the regular rate. I am glad that we did not pay full price. Our room #323, was next to the spa, within a dormer. The day we arrived was definitely not the hottest day yet, Sept 13th, about 26 degrees at the hottest part of the day. However, the A/C was not turned on when we checked into our room, and the room was very,very warm. We turned the air onto high, toured the property etc. and returned several hours later. The room had barely cooled off at all. A call down to the desk promptly brought the maintenance man to our room. He checked the unit and said what my hubby had already determined. The unit being in a alcove of the room was unable to circulate properly to cool the room. He suggested that we could be moved, but at the same time stated that the other rooms ha older, noiser units. We figured we should just stay where we were, as it may be the lesser of two evils! I am not sure if we were placed in this room because we had a Dealfind coupon and they are aware of the issues in this room. Makes you wonder....
Nobody called us back to ask if we wanted to switch rooms or if we were comfortable. On a positive note, the room was very clean, the bathroom being the cleanest and best appointed that I have ever seen in any quality of hotel! There was however, visible chips and wear on the bedpost of the massive King bed, that needs to be touched up. When we informed the desk of the very warm room the next morning upon checkout they said we would have been entitled to a full refund if we had booked through the hotel
and not Dealfind. They did however remove the 7% hotel tax.
Lastly, the food in the Oliver and Bonnacini restaurant is only average. Our first meal was lunch which we ate on the front porch. My husband ordered a burger and fries, and the waitress had to "search" for the ketchup, while he waited and waited, his burger growing cold. They had to also "search" for a bud light lime! And wait for salt and pepper to be brought to the table. Just little things, but in the long run important. Also,the table right next to us ( with couches and coffee table) was littered with 3 plates of uneaten food. This mess was not cleared the whole time we enjoyed our lengthy lunch and had flies buzzing around it. The next morning, the breakfast (included) which was under chafing dishes would have been great had it been HOT! Even the coffee from the caraffes was cold.
All in all, we would not return to this hotel, they need to review the little things that make a ok hotel a great hotel.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- “Lady of the Lake.”Windermere House Resort is an iconic landmark located on prestigious Lake Rosseau in Muskoka, Ontario, Canada. The country's oldest hotel, it has welcomed guests for over 140 years. Fine dining, boating, tennis, golf, spa services and five star service make Windermere House a preferred destination. New at Windermere House is The Cottages at Windermere, a private enclave of 6 three bedroom luxury fractional ownership cottages.Experience everything Muskoka has to offer in unsurpassed comfort. Luxuriate in plush pillowtop beds, indulge in sumptuous dining and relax amid plentiful, carefree recreation. We're here to spoil you.Offering family vacations, romantic getaways, golf packages, weddings and conferences facilities, Windermere House resort on Lake Rosseau offers the ideal backdrop for your Muskoka getaway. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Travelocity, Odigeo and Tingo so you can book your Windermere House Resort & Hotel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Windermere House Resort And Hotel
- Windermere House Hotel Windermere
- Windermere House Resort & Hotel Muskoka District, Canada