“My family has eaten here for several years” 4 of 5 stars

Improve this listing
Ranked #34 of 44 Restaurants in Grover Beach
Cuisines: Mexican
pism0
“My family has eaten here for several years”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 30, 2011

We have eaten at Taco De Mexico for years and have never had a bad experience. The people are friendly and the food is very good. It is not a fancy place, it is a little hole in the wall, but clean and the food is great.

• Visited April 2011
    • 1 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food

Castle Rock, Colorado
“DIRTY, THEY TAMPERED WITH MY FOOD”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed December 13, 2010

First of all, I am not picky, and I never complain about my food.
I ate here once. And only once. May I begin:

It's a crap-hole Restaurant. I am not exaggerating. It's run down, and DIRTY DIRTY DIRTY!

I came here with friends, and we ordered our food. The atmosphere was dimly lit by fluorescent lights, not very classy. The cashier was a male who spoke poor English and barely spoke with us at all. Upon recieveing our food it we started eating, and it did not taste right. My friends and I all noticed this. After about 10 minutes of having the food we pointed out to each other the two men in the kitchen area were closely watching us eat. We began turning around and looking at them and they smiled at us! not a friendly "hello there" smile but a devious disturbing smile. Both of them!

We stood up and walked to the counter, my friend told the men "This food tastes like S***!"

And what did they do? They smiled and said "yes, yes" and laughed a little.
We left at that point. This was the most shady dining experience of my life, and I was a little worried...

What had they done to my food? Why were they acting like that? Did they poison me? Was that some kind of strange meat? I will never go back, and I am furious that a restaurant like this is even allowed to be open. Later that night I fell slightly ill, but nothing serious. I had only eaten a fraction of the disgusting food they had served, and I was glad i had stopped eating. DO NOT GO HERE. Go ANYWHERE else.

• 1 of 5 stars Atmosphere